Visions Beyond Reality

Post the newest and best resources (e.g. plugins, tuorials, sites) and image galleries you have found.
Bodymelt
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Visions Beyond Reality

Post by Bodymelt »

My online Portfolio is available now, consisting of most work from 1988 all the way up to this year. It all started long before then with a modest spectrum and went into amiga`s then pc. My working styles are wide and varied, i don`t restrict myself to one avenue of working, i will make art from any single thing if possible. The challenge for me can sometimes be to attempt to create from seemingly impossible means. I was creating art back in the 70s before the computers and it simply became a logical progression to explore digital art as the technology grew.

Visions Beyond Reality : http://clix.to/vbr

/\/\ark...(Bodz)... :)

Photofix
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Your site

Post by Photofix »

Hi Mark,
I visited your site and had a look around. Must say that I was very impressed with your work.
Photofix

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

Yo Bodymelt... I was interested in seeing your work, but bravenet.com had a different idea in mind.

They offered me your URL, saying that it wasn't being used. Perhaps there is a recent problem with your account, or did I have a temporary *glitch* of some kind?

...please advise. Your posts indicate considerable knowledge, and I wanted to see some of your creations.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."

Bodymelt
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: Visions Beyond Reality...

Post by Bodymelt »

Hi Guys...

Yep sorry about that, the problem was that my host went awol and left me with no place to warehouse my images, but hopefully now i will be back online in the winter on commercial space so watch this space! :-)

For now you can see some of my work at http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?B ... t=Bodymelt and http://www.3dcommune.com sign up and then search for 'bodymelt'.

At the moment i have my other hat on, that of musician, i have been working on a new electronica dance project called 'Abstract Life` and pretty much a good overview can be located at http://www.soundclick.com/bodymelt under 'Music'. I could do with the support to get me up the Electronica Dance charts. :-)

Cheers... :P
/\/\ark...(Bodymelt)...

Bodymelt
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

oop almost forgot....

Post by Bodymelt »

There is a new site currently under construction it's called Eagle Group and can be found at http://trak.to/eg this is not a relaunch of Visions Beyond Reality, that will be back in the winter.

Cheers... :P
/\/\ark...(Bodymelt)...

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

Nice work indeed! I could easily see your "Time Traveler" being used professionally, ie a sci-fi book cover/movie poster, etc.

I found myself especially drawn to "Inner and Outer Chaos"...that piece *~touched~* something inside of my uncommonly-warped psyche...visions from my "other life" as a Toltec shaman, perhaps.

Was everything done digitally, or do you actually paint on a canvas, at least part of the time?

Bodymelt
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Art et al...

Post by Bodymelt »

I do work with paint and canvas and also sculpt, but the digital art goes back many years to around 1985 and there are hundreds of digital artworks from then till now. I have been indulging in art since the late 70s but at that time i was more geared towards electronic instrumental music through the 80s and 90s, but i returned back to digital art when i saw what could be done using Amiga's.. then of course onto PC. At the moment i have taken time out of art to concentrate again on electronic instrumental music, the time is such now that one can create great things with so little and to have too much hardware and software is merely an ego issue rather than an educated direction of choice.

It was sheer chance that i got back into music, i was looking at ways i could produce my own soundtracks for dvd based slideshow portfolios to create one mega production, i then explored all the software sequencers and the likes, settled with a few key choices and forgot about the soundtrack for the art portfolio. I went on to simply work on new music ideas rather like painting with sound, released a CD called 'Crying Earth' and then soon to release the second disc called 'Abstract Life. I'm now back in there with my art hat on again designing the cover artwork. The Bulk of my art is on http://www.3dcommune.com with Renderosity being built up once more after a wholesale wiping of images that went over some 200 dating back to early 2000. :)
/\/\ark...(Bodymelt)...

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

the time is such now that one can create great things with so little and to have too much hardware and software is merely an ego issue rather than an educated direction of choice.
I both agree & disagree, here.

@ "is merely an ego issue", I don't like to generalize/stereotype, ie lump millions of different people into a single category without at least "somewhat" adequate factual evidence to support such a claim.

I actually tend to see the issue not as one of egotism, but as a form of ADDICTION, similar to the "terminal-upgrade FEVER" that I see running rampant almost everywhere I look. God forbid that anybody should be caught using LAST years version of Photoshop or Windows!

I find it difficult to keep from laughing at every new "upgrade" I see anymore. But I *do* know several extremely nice/friendly people that seem to be literally rabid to get each & every plugin/effect they see or even hear of.

@ "the time is such now that one can create great things with so little", ...SO TRUE - this is similar to what I see happening with games & movies in modern society's rush to sell-sell-SELL!!! Too much emphasis on special effects, and not enough focus upon actual content/story/gameplay.

So few artists, too many pimps & hos. :(