Use PhotoShop filters in PSP?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
kimmetta

Use PhotoShop filters in PSP?

Post by kimmetta »

I am trying to use Adobe PhotoShop filters (.8BF) in PaintShop Pro 7.0, but with no success.

Are they not compatible?

kimmetta

Clarification

Post by kimmetta »

It's me again...I just thought I should clarify...I am trying to export the filters which come with PhotoShop for use in PaintShop Pro. Although the file format is compatible, something is clearly missing from the process. Any ideas?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

From Version 6 of Photoshop on you can't use its plugins in other applications. A small excetion is e.g. Plugin Commander Pro.

So you need the Photosop 5.0 versions of these plugins...

kimmetta

Thanks!

Post by kimmetta »

Thanks for responding, Harry.

BTW...I adore your filters!

toby
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by toby »

From Version 6 of Photoshop on you can't use its plugins in other applications. A small excetion is e.g. Plugin Commander Pro.

So you need the Photosop 5.0 versions of these plugins...
Harald,

Can you explain this further? In my experience, the Win32 plugin interface has not changed through Photoshop 7.0. Or is PSP less compatible in its handling of, e.g., v6.0 parameter block fields? What have I overlooked? Is there more info out there on compatibility?

Toby

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Adobe has taken some steps to prevent that the plugins delivered with Photoshop 6 and 7 can be used in other company's applications. These plugins use some features that are not documented in the Photoshop SDK and demand that some Adobe DLLs are alreadey loaded.