Downloaded Actions

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
EYE-lene!

Downloaded Actions

Post by EYE-lene! »

Hello Harry,
I love your site & can see you work hard at it. I downloaded some of your actions & put them into the presets/photoshop actions folder (& assume that's where the borders/frames/cut paper goes, as well). However, when I open up photoshop I can't find them. Where do I go?
Thanx again for a great & helpful site!
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene![/b]

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Quoted from the Harry's Actions Download page:
Instructions on how to use actions

1. In Photoshop's Actions palette choose Load Actions from the palette's menu.

2. After having selected .atn file, the action(s) will appear in the Actions palette.

3. To apply one of the actions, click on it to highlight it and press the Play button at the bottom of the Actions palette.

4. Now just follow the instruction displayed by the action. (Some of the action will need an existing selection or layer, demand that a certain plugin is available from the Filters menu etc.)

EYE-lene!

Can't find the actions palette

Post by EYE-lene! »

Where the heck is it? I have PS 7.

HaraldHeim wrote:Quoted from the Harry's Actions Download page:
Instructions on how to use actions

1. In Photoshop's Actions palette choose Load Actions from the palette's menu.

2. After having selected .atn file, the action(s) will appear in the Actions palette.

3. To apply one of the actions, click on it to highlight it and press the Play button at the bottom of the Actions palette.

4. Now just follow the instruction displayed by the action. (Some of the action will need an existing selection or layer, demand that a certain plugin is available from the Filters menu etc.)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Where the heck is what?

chaitereye

Actions Palette

Post by chaitereye »

I'm sorry. I should have been more specific. After opening PS I looked everywhere for the actions palette. I couldn't find it in any of the drop down menus. Am I stupid or what? :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Action palette is one of these small windows that are usually located at the right side of the screen.

ApR

Finding the Action

Post by ApR »

To activate the action pallete in PS7, click Window, then Actions (Note: if the Actions submenu is checked, it means it is already activated, usually side by side with Preset Tools)

To load a specific action, click the little ">" located at the right of Actions, and you will find the Load Actions, Reset Actions, etc.

Follow the instructions earlier posted to load a specific action. The action need not reside in the Preset folder, and it could be anywhere.

Good luck.