Photoshop Plug Ins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
goldengoose
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photoshop Plug Ins

Post by goldengoose »

Is there a physical limit on the number of Filters that can be put into Plug Ins sub directory? I have reached a point where if I install another plug in, I lose one from the bottom of the list.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Photoshop Plug Ins

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are no limits to the number of plugins. The only problem may be that Photoshop starts up a bit slower with a large nunber of plugins.

You can scroll the Filter menu when it reaches the bottom of your screen. This is possible since Windows XP. Under older Windows versions (95,98,ME,NT,2000) it was not possible to scroll menus.

goldengoose
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by goldengoose »

OK ! This is what I thought, however, in my Windows 7 x64 using PS 5.1 (x86 version), I've experimented with this and installed lots of plug ins. More than can be shown on one screen. When i reach the bottom of the scroll screen I cannot go any further down the down arrow is greyed out. Anyone seen this?

I use the x86 version for tests because not too many plug ins work with the x64 version.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Scrolling is possible here. I just tested it.

Maybe you use some kind of Windows setting that disables menu scrolling. But I have no idea what it could be sorry. Or maybe a plugin that is added though a script to the Filter menu is causing this problem.

goldengoose
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by goldengoose »

I will install one at a time and test between to find the offending plug in. Thanks for the tip.