Warning: Photoshop CS6 Not Compatible Wih Vista

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
sw714
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Warning: Photoshop CS6 Not Compatible Wih Vista

Post by sw714 »

I recently updated from Photoshop CS3 to CS6. On the site, there was someone online to help me navigate the upgrade page but no mention of the fact that CS6 is compatible with Windows XP and 7 but not Vista. For the past two weeks I have been having problems with CS6 on my Vista computer and finally someone at Adobe gave me a link to the CS6 system requirements and sure enough, Vista was not listed. The tech could not tell me why XP and 7 would work with CS6 and not Vista but only that is wasn't supported. Fortunately, I had purchased the update from Adobe only 2 weeks ago and after I deactivated it, they said they would credit my credit card. This is a weird situation where an older and a newer version of Windows was ok but one in between was not. Just thought I'd put out a warning to those with Vista who are thinking of upgrading Photoshop.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Warning: Photoshop CS6 Not Compatible Wih Vista

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the warning! If I had know this earlier, I would had posted in the Plugin Newsletter today. But I will mention it in the next issue next month.

What problems occured with Photoshop CS6 under Vista?

debiannj
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: Warning: Photoshop CS6 Not Compatible Wih Vista

Post by debiannj »

Thanks for the warning. I was seriously considering upgrading to it. I may still, but if I do, it will be on my Win7 laptop. This is weird because there are still many people using Vista. You just saved me a lot of frustration.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Photoshop CS6 Problems under XP

Post by HaraldHeim »

It seems there are also problems under Windows XP with Photoshop CS6. Someone sent me the following email:

"I read your comment about photoshop cs6 being supported under XP. I had a problem with displaying the brush tip preview when using the mixer brush- I have windows xp installed. I was told I had the wrong graphics card - so took my pc in to get a new one - they tried 3 graphics cards from the list of supported graphics cards sent by Adobe. The PC techie then contacted Adobe and was told that certain features are not supported under xp! and I would have to install windows 7. I had previously discovered that Lightroom 4 is not supported at all under xp."