Plugin Galaxy for UMSP?

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
A R

Plugin Galaxy for UMSP?

Post by A R »

Will there be a version for Ulead Media Studio Pro with respect to Plugin Galaxy?

I rarely use Premiere and I am more productive in using the UMSP. As far as I know, there are only a few Video Effects and Filters maker for that product, and the addition of plug-in Galaxy, especially the star effect, among others, would be of great help.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, there is no version for Media Studio planned.

Ulead seems to have missed the plugin train. A long time there was no SDK available for creating Ulead plugins and now not many companies seem to interested in doing it. I think Premiere is used by many more users (or at least more professional users), so that may be another reason.

A good reason for doing AE plugin is that they can be used in a lot of different applications, including Premiere. If you create Media Studio plugins, they only work in Media Studio. So it would be better if Media Studio would also support AE plugins. Then its users would be able to use the many available AE plugins.

A R
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by A R »

Your observation is correct and your suggestion that AE plugins be inter-plugable (if there is such a word) with UMSP might be one way to join the throng. Anyway, the fact that a particular software is used by more users does not necessarily make it more professional; it's just ahead of the pack.