AliveColor

Post the newest and best resources (e.g. plugins, tuorials, sites) and image galleries you have found.
rvwebber
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

AliveColor

Post by rvwebber »

I came across a new tool being developed by some fellows in Russia. It's called AliveColor. It's still in Beta testing but I downloaded a copy and I've been trying it out. It's very nice. I wrote them and they informed me that they hope to develop it as a Photoshop7 plug in the near furture. It has some features like replace color that is easier to use than the one in PA7,and they have an interesting tool called Matrix (not to be confused with the movie). I would be interested to know if anybody else has downloaded it (Alivecolor.com) what their impressions of it are. It is a stand alone program at the moment, but I think it will be a very usefull plug in for Photoshop. I'd like to hear from you
Thanks
RVWebber

scots
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by scots »

RV

I've just tried to access that site, and it seems to have been removed. Even doing a search on both Dogpile.com & Mamma.com aren't bringing anything up. Thoughts??

Best Regards

Scots

rvwebber
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by rvwebber »

Don't know what happened to them. One day they were there and the next they were gone!!!! I even e-mailed the guy but got no response. I had been using the demo and was interested in buying, and then they disappeared. Go figure!
rvw

Calin
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

AliveColorS

Post by Calin »

Last night I downloaded from www.alivecolors.com. Please note the final s
But it didnt't work. I installed it in Program Files, copied the 8bf file into plugin folder, no success. I have Win XP, I shall try with Win 98 again.
By the way, this plugin seems tempting for me, but I already have large filters. How much can a Photoshop plugin folder carry? (without replacing it in Preferences)
What did I wrong in installation?
Calin

rvwebber
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Alive Color Site

Post by rvwebber »

I see where they are up and running again. I had used up my demo time and got no response when I queried them to buy. They have changed their site a bit. They had used a quote by me that I like the program. I did. I'll try downloading it again and see what I get. I have been running Windows XP and put the program in my program files, in the Adobe Folder.
RVW

Calin
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

AliveColors - new version

Post by Calin »

I tryed with Windows 98 the new versions
First day, the stadalone did not work at all, but the plug DID ! They were installed in the same folder. So, the Help folder was borrowed from standalone to the plug, but only text.
Today, unistall and reinstall. Victory : Help files had nice pictures inside. Standalone did not work again "this program....illegal ...will be shut down".
At the next work session after lunchtime, the plug preview window showed a stripped B/W version of the open picture, and that was all.
Sorry to tell you this.
This week I shall try in the office with a Pentium III with XP. But no filter crashed till now on my home (little) computer.
Calin
:(