Saved presets not working?

FocalBlade specific discussions
prouticus
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Saved presets not working?

Postby prouticus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Greetings!

Just purchased FocalBlade 2.02 and really liking it. I've run into an issue though when attempting to use presets that I save; they don't appear to work as I would expect.

Specific case:

eyeball_example.png
eyeball_example.png (191.63 KiB) Viewed 6469 times

Image 1: I've started with this image, which has been upsampled via Photoshop (bicubic smoother).

Image 2: Here's the same image after running it through FocalBlade tuning pass. I saved out these exact settings used in the attached .fbp preset.

Image 3: Here's the "eyeball_original.png" image with the preset applied. (Unless I'm mistaken, I expect images #2 and #3 to be identical). The UI also doesn't appear to update to reflect the settings I saved out in the preset.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
flat_graphic_sharpen.fbp.zip
(594 Bytes) Downloaded 602 times

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Saved presets not working?

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:53 am

When applying your preset I get a result whose effect intensity is between Image 2 and 3. As I do not know your original Settings (Image 2) I do not know which settings were not saved correctly in the preset. Or were none of your settings saved in the preset at all?

When doing the same experiment here, I get the same results from applying the effect and reapplying the same effect from a saved preset.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Saved presets not working?

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:00 am

Wait... I just noticed that image 1 is identical to image 3. So this means that no effect at all was applied when you used the preset. The only way to achieve that is by accidentally clicking Cancel instead of OK on the FocalBlade Dialog, by accidentally using the Undo function after applying FocalBlade or by setting the sharpening values to zero in FocalBlade.

Return to “FocalBlade”