Plugin to brush with plugins?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
jkp2000

Plugin to brush with plugins?

Post by jkp2000 »

I heard somewhere about a plugin that enables photoshop to choose a plugin and configuration. now you can brush on your picture, and where you brushing, the plugin is executet.

ever saw something like this, know its name, or know where to get?

Jan

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I do not think that the Photoshop Plugin Interface will allow such "brush plugins". However, if someone should find such a plugin, I would be glad to hear about it, too.

There's an application which allows to "brush" plugin effects on an image. It is called "SPG Colorworks:WEB" from http://www.spg-net.com/

DuncanLong

Post subject: Plugin to brush with plugins?

Post by DuncanLong »

Actually this effect can be achieved rather easily by making a copy of the picture, applying the plugin, and then using a clone brush to touch up the areas where you want to apply the effect. The key here is to find a spot that you want to modify that you can use to "index" the clone brush so the effect is on the same area on both pictures. Once that is done, you can apply the effect where ever you want it and in the amounts you need.

-- Duncan Long
------------------------------------------
Artwork that will amuse, amaze, and sometimes terrify:
http://duncanlong.com/art.html

Post by Guest »

you can brush on filters with Pen tools it is a free plug in and comes with Wacom Pad.

IrvG

colorworks

Post by IrvG »

I've tried to find this site but it seems they're out of business. Any info on this?
HaraldHeim wrote:I do not think that the Photoshop Plugin Interface will allow such "brush plugins". However, if someone should find such a plugin, I would be glad to hear about it, too.

There's an application which allows to "brush" plugin effects on an image. It is called "SPG Colorworks:WEB" from http://www.spg-net.com/

Andre Slaters

brush effects

Post by Andre Slaters »

Hope this could be helpfull: if working in Photoshop, duplicate your image to a new layer. Apply effects to the entire image in this new top layer and add a mask (activate the mask and fill it with black). You can use any brush (more or less white) to paint in the mask and reveil your effect.
Tip: add (for instance a drop shadow) Photoshop's Layer effect to the same layer. (layer effects follow masks) Enjoy.

mistake brush effects

Post by Guest »

Did something wrong posting. It's not my intention to be incognito.
Andre Salters
(the your username is already taken message confused me)
PS: it's also fun to ad layer effects to an empty layer and start painting, while experimenting with blending modes. (needs a fast machine)

Alex Dinius

Paintable Plugin Brush

Post by Alex Dinius »

I've been courious about two software programs PhotoShop 6 and Elements, the other trial download Micrografx Picture Publisher 10 Professional. The Micrografx is a hands down killer product with a healing brush, programable image spray and paint plugin. I couldn't believe the$59.99 complete price, but it came in the boxed verison today.
Wow! It's just like Christmas :D :D :D