Adobe RAW Conversion Plugin

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint

Just a bit of info

Post by Guest »

Hi,

There is a bit of info here:

URL: http://www.creativemac.com/cgi-bin/getf ... 030219.htm

regards,
dennis

tonydoes

camera raw plug-in

Post by tonydoes »

:D yes this plug-in is drop dead
EXCELLENT we shoot nikon d1x in raw
mode on studio product shots, it's fast and very easy to use.,.,.any Q's just ask me tonydoes@webtv.net

Anne_B
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Camera Raw

Post by Anne_B »

Camera raw doesn't work if you use a Canon EOS 10D. I bought this crazy plugin not knowing it was incompatible. Now am stuck with an expensive plugin I can't use. Adobe says they have no plans to make it usable with the 10D. PS8 supposedly will have Camera Raw, out this summer, and PS8 is supposed to only be used with Mac OS-X.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Below are some information which I found on a closed down forum. It explains how to patch the Windows version of the RAW plugin to make it work with Canon EOS 10D RAW files. Use this information at your own risk.

Instructions for doing the same with the Macintosh version can be found here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... ge=4632706

This only for those who know what they are doing when editing with a hexeditor. So be careful! Here is the trick to use the Adobe RAW converter with 10D files:

search for the file: Camera RAW.8bi ; this file is usually in the map "file formats" in one of the subdirectories of your Photoshop installation.

Make a copy of this file and rename it to something like "Camera RAW 10D" or something that clearly identifies the file format as also suitable for your 10D files.

Be sure all of your programs (including Photoshop!) are closed!

Now comes the important thing: with a hexeditor, like the one IKET mentioned in another thread for a example:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/f ... /xvi32.htm

Open the file you copied and do a search for "Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS D60". Now edit this text and make it "Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D".

Save the hacked file "Camera RAW 10D" or whatever you named it to identify it as the 10D compatible fileformat datafork and open Photoshop.

Leave the original file where it is if you need to convert D60 files as well. This takes some extra memory but at least you will be able to let Photoshop automatically start the right conversion procedure.
Ready. It should work now.

dandelrat

adobe camera raw plugin

Post by dandelrat »

Is there a way to get this to work with a canon digital rebel d300 raw file. I have tried but I get an error message saying "can not open document because it is not the right type of document" When I tried this patch but changed to canon eos d300 instead of d10 it gives this error message:"unable to parse file". I contacted Adobe and they said they are not supporting this file.

Dose anyone know of a program to use to open and edit in raw mode these canon raw files? The only program I have that works is the one supplied by canon & it is not very useful. Thanks

dandelrat@msn.com.