The new Photoshop CS

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Photofix
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

The new Photoshop CS

Post by Photofix »

Hi All,
I just received my upgrade to Photoshop CS and I gotta say, it is well worth the money. If you do alot of digital photography and can shoot in the RAW format, then for that alone, this is the "must have" program.
There are many more great ideas in this one too. The new file browser is really nice to work with and you are even able to make changes even before the photo opens to work on.
Anyway, I'm completly amazed with it.
See ya all,
Photofix

John Ferguson
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

CS and Colorwasher

Post by John Ferguson »

Ordered CS last night.

Harold,

Is an update needed ColorWasher to work in 16 bit mode in CS? Once you told me how to colorbalance it using the temp slider, I use it all the time. And using Focal Blade's Halo sliders in the expert mode really makes a difference to me. Great products, thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

John, ColorWasher currently doesn't support 16bit images. There will be a new version out (probably by the end of the year) that will support 16 bit images.

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I have just installed Photoshop CS and for some strange reason the shortcuts dont work. They work for use of the tools though, but to open a file (ctrl+n) doesnt work. Also deleteing something you've just painted by selecting it and then hitting the delete button doesnt work. Thats weird.
Anyone that could help me out on this 1?

Dragon

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please check if there is something wrong in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Also if you haven't activated Photoshop CS yet, please do so. Maybe that will fix the problem.

Post by Guest »

I have activated it and dont see anything wrong in the Keyboard shortcuts.
It really weird, the keys on my keyboard work (like the "G" for the paintbucket and even when I use the shift button to switch to the gradient tool) but when I try to open a file with ctrl+o it doesnt work. With my hands in my hair at the moment

Dragon

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Forgot to metnio but Image ready works a dream, nothing wrong with the shortcuts there, now I am absolutely lost.
Could it be something in the preferences files? Like in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\
?

Dragon

John Ferguson
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Cracked version bug

Post by John Ferguson »

Mine work fine, the pirated version that is cracked does not. I guess this tells us which version you are using.

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yes it's the cracked version and it runs a dream on my mates PC.

But if you are going to not let some things work in the programm, I could think of other more important things then those shortcuts.
Ah well, PS 7.0 will be making the return on my PC then

Dragon

Post by Guest »

Smart....admitting to using a cracked version of a 600.00 software... :roll:

Adove activaly prosecutes piracy you know.

Adobe knows that the activation crack won't work....that is why the program runs footprint programs in the background....to prevent piracy by reqhuiring activation, and to prevent CD copying.

Buy a legal copy and you'll have no problems.

bazzzzzzman

Post by bazzzzzzman »

Dragon wrote:I have just installed Photoshop CS and for some strange reason the shortcuts dont work. They work for use of the tools though, but to open a file (ctrl+n) doesnt work. Also deleteing something you've just painted by selecting it and then hitting the delete button doesnt work. Thats weird.
Anyone that could help me out on this 1?

Dragon
Hi Dragon, One realy cool feature of Photoshop is that you can record your own actions. Thus create your own shortcut keys. If you open the palette " actions" Then you create a new l;ayer for an action then you name the action and also specify a key action to perform that acytion .Then you hit record and actualy do the action. then press stop. Now every time you hoit the key combination you chose it will perform that action for you. Nifty huh/> so you can make it open a file by creating yuor own shortcut.

tudor

photoshop cs

Post by tudor »

if you know the photosop 7(6,5) the cs do not have much more. is just the bla bla bla about. everybody just want to do something with no work.