Quicktime transitions

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
bpjammer

Quicktime transitions

Post by bpjammer »

In the Premiere 6.x ,in the QuicktimeFX, there are several builtin transitions and at the bottom of the control window is a LOAD button. When I click this it brings up a file request looking for files with a .qfx extension. I can't find any such files either in the Premiere folders or in my Quicktime folders.

Does anyone know where I might find some of these? Can they be downloaded from the Quicktime web site? (I searched it but couldn't find any reference to them)

I did do a search of my HP computer and found some files in an some demo software that came with the computer (KidPix3). Judging by the names they do appear to be transitions but they just crash Premiere when I try to load them. These are the names and they are in a directory named Quicktimefx.

Barn Door.qfx
Clock Face.qfx
Engulf.qfx
Explode.qfx
Fade.qfx
Implode.qfx
Iris Circle.qfx
Iris Heart.qfx
Iris Rectangle.qfx
Iris Star.qfx
Jaws.qfx
Kaleidoscope.qfx
Lawnmower.qfx
Open Sesame.qfx
Page Tear.qfx
Push.qfx
Slide Down.qfx
Slide Left.qfx
Slide Right.qfx
Slide Up.qfx
Spiral.qfx
Spotlight.qfx
Waterfall.qfx
Windmill.qfx
Wipe Diagonal.qfx
Wipe Down.qfx
Wipe Right.qfx
Wipe Up.qfx
Wiper.qfx
Zoom.qfx

Ron Phillips
Channel Twelve

moderator of VideoWipes on Yahoo Groups

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do you have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer? I think that these transitions and effects are a part of Quicktime.

For some information have a look at
http://www.medien-werkstatt.com/joa/qt_ ... _dir_e.htm