Wide angle barrel correction

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
JDR

Wide angle barrel correction

Post by JDR »

Does anyone know of an inexpensive or free plugin for Photoshop that can get rid of the barreling effect produced by wide angle lens shots? I have found one from Image Align that work well but costs $200.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Andromeda offers a nice plugin called LensDoc for doing that. See www.andromeda.com It costs below $100.

JDR

Post by JDR »

Thanks Herald, I'll check it out. JDR

lister_g

Post by lister_g »

PhotoFixLens does the job at www.humansoftware.com

39.95$

ChellQ

Comparing Lens Correction plug-ins?

Post by ChellQ »

I noticed that Harold did a review of lens correction plug-ins in a magazine. I can't find a copy of that magazine & the website doesn't show the article. Harold, Can you give us the gist of how the various programs stack up? Is Image Align really worth the money? Do the cheaper tools do the trick?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

My recommendation in issue 6 of the Digital Photography Techniques magazine was to use Andromeda LensDoc for lens and rotation correction and to use Photoshop's Skew tool (with the help of guides) or PSP8's Perspective tool for perspective correction.

Image Align got a second place, but it is quite expensive and it needs quite some time to produce good corrections. A less expensive alternative to ImageAlign is "Flo's UnDistort Filter" at http://flofilters.free.fr. It is quite similar to Image Align, but costs almost nothing.

The problem with ImageAlign and many other tools - excluding the recommended tools - is that they force you to invest a lot of time tweaking sliders instead of letting you conveniantly place points for automatic corrections.

ChellQ

Thanks Harold

Post by ChellQ »

Thanks Harold, I'll download the trail versions of LensDoc, Flo's & Image Align & decide which works best for me. I've never heard of Flo's before. It's good to know that don't have to pony up $200 for Image Align to get good lens correction software.

jk

barreling correction

Post by jk »

it is not free, but is included in PSP 8

Lens distortion correction

Post by Guest »

You should check out Power Retouche's lens distortion corrector

http://powerretouche.com/Lens-distortio ... uction.htm

Download the demo here:

http://powerretouche.com/Installers/PRDemoPackage.exe

Only 65$

Jan

queenksv

Re: Wide angle barrel correction

Post by queenksv »

JDR wrote:Does anyone know of an inexpensive or free plugin for Photoshop that can get rid of the barreling effect produced by wide angle lens shots? I have found one from Image Align that work well but costs $200.
DCE Tools has a great lens distortion correction tool, as well as a perspective correction tool in its package of plugins for Photoshop, all for a mere $39. I use this plugin package almost everytime I use Photoshop and really recommend it.