Graphic tablets

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I have used several cheap graphic tablets before I bougth my first Wacom. I regret that I didn't buy a Wacom earlier. The other tablets only meant problems and less usage comfort.

I'm currently using a Wacom Volito tablet which only costs half as much as the Graphire. Although the Graphire is surely better if you plan to paint with the tablet, the Volito is nice a replacement for a mouse.

After you learned how to use a graphic tablets you won't want to use a mouse anymore. Graphic tablets let you position the cursor much faster and more precise than any mouse.

Ronald Clercx

Wacom: there is no substitute

Post by Ronald Clercx »

Hey,

I struggled also with this question, and had the opportunity to put my hands on different tablets before using a Wacom (of which I thought first that it's the name you pay for).

I'm now happily using a Wacom Intuos but probably the Graphire series are also up to the job. Beware however not to take your tablet to small, don't go lesser than A5 because A6 is really not comfortable even for simple jobs. If you don't have the money it's better to save a while than buying an other brand, because the latter really integrates well in PS, certainly when you use the filters they give with the Intuos and probably also the Graphire.

I know it's expensive, but you will not regret it.

Ronald

emerald_angel_1975
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by emerald_angel_1975 »

I also tried several different cheapy tablets before getting my Wacom. Most of my friends use the Wacom Graphire which seems to be great for them. I was able to get a great deal on the Wacom Intuos 9x12 AND the 4x5 tablets so I got them both (as a package deal on ebay). I LOVE my Wacom and will never own another brand. I have had them for 5 years and use the 4x5 99% of the time.

pspguy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Wacom Intuos2

Post by pspguy »

I use my 9x12 Intuos2 for Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Painter, and a number of other graphics programs. After a year and a half of use, I don't know how I ever managed without it in the past! My favorite program to use it with is Alias SketchBook Pro. Just awesome! The response and sensitivity is so great, and I love to sketch. I haven't used other tablets so I can't comment on which is best. The 9x12 I purchased was suggested on the Wacom site after answering questions about the use I planned, and my system, and I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed for a moment over the choice I made. For me it would have been a bargain at twice the price!

quiet

Post by quiet »

How many of you Wacom fans also use (metacreation/corel) Painter? :)

or CreatureHouse Expression 3?