Concern and constructive critisism about your site....

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your comments, Richard. The Plugin Site has not yet moved to a new server. It will happen this week. I hope the web site will still be available during most of the time. However, I already uploaded The Plugin Site to a new server, although the domain is not yet connected to it. You can reach it under the following URL:

http://82.165.8.183/

Please try it and let me know if it loads faster from the new server. But it probably won't make a big difference for dial-up connections only for fast DSL or cable connections.

Most pages on The Plugin Site load quite fast, because they don't have many fancy graphics like many other web sites. But of course there are also pages like the Gallery or Product pages which have many large images. It is the purpose of image galleries to have many images. I tried to minimize that by using thumbnails. Concerning some product pages there are probably less thumbnails, so I will try to replace the large images, e.g. the screenshots or example images, with thumbnails linked to the large images if possible. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:Thanks for your comments, Richard. The Plugin Site has not yet moved to a new server. It will happen this week. I hope the web site will still be available during most of the time. However, I already uploaded The Plugin Site to a new server, although the domain is not yet connected to it. You can reach it under the following URL:

http://82.165.8.183/

Please try it and let me know if it loads faster from the new server. But it probably won't make a big difference for dial-up connections only for fast DSL or cable connections.

Most pages on The Plugin Site load quite fast, because they don't have many fancy graphics like many other web sites. But of course there are also pages like the Gallery or Product pages which have many large images. It is the purpose of image galleries to have many images. I tried to minimize that by using thumbnails. Concerning some product pages there are probably less thumbnails, so I will try to replace the large images, e.g. the screenshots or example images, with thumbnails linked to the large images if possible. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Thanks for the response Harold!! :) I will for sure give the address a try and give you feed back. As for the idea of using Thumbnails linked to the images, that is the PERFECT solution for making it easier on those of us with dial up connections. I look forward to the changes!! :)

Richard ;)