Photo Editing in Photoshop 7

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Ed

Photo Editing in Photoshop 7

Post by Ed »

Does anyone know of a good book that deals with photo editing only for Photoshop 7. If not just photo editing and improving colors than one that has very good information on this subject. Thanks

AstroDon
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by AstroDon »

Try 'The PhotoShop Book for Digital Photographers' by Scott Kelby. Very easy to follow for beginners through to more advanced users.

Don, Toronto

asch56

Photoshop books

Post by asch56 »

Depends on how sophisticated you want to go. The book I use most often is Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers by Martin Evening. It's big and fairly comprehensive, but there are lots of examples and I find it easy to follow. More than half the book is devoted to file formats, color spaces, and the like which don't help you much with photo editing but are important to understand.Think there's also a version for PS 6.

A more sophisticated book which I use fairly often is Photoshop 7 Artistry by Barry Haynes and Wendy Crumpler. Lots of examples and very comphrensive. Certainly not for beginnners and many of their solutions for common problems are more complex than they need to be. But it's a book one can grow into (I use it more and more) and use for very special pictures that one wants to get exactly right.

If you're an absolute beginning almost any of the Photoshop for Dummies or Photoshop Made Easy type books are fine. I've looked at a bunch and have never seen a bad one. They just don't take you very far or give you as much insight as the books above into the power of PS.

Dave Schneider

MorphuX

Photoshop Book............

Post by MorphuX »

Yes, The Photoshop Book For Digital Photographers, by Scott Kelby is a great resource. He doesnt give you the same old same old when it comes to editing in Photoshop in this book. His ideas and thoughts are top notch. I mean, he is only the President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals and co-founder/Editor-in-Chief of Photoshop User magazine. In other words he knows his stuff and doesnt give you a lot of fluff that you dont care for in his books. I highly recommend this and any of his books. By the way, he has a version 7 and CS version of this book. Also, I use Inside Photoshop, by Gary David Bouton. It is a very good book to get started on in Photoshop in general and goes over everything from calibrating your equipment to projects that can be used in the real world. The only drawback is that the book is in black and white except for some gallery work in the middle section. But there is a CD that comes with the book, so you can easily work with the projects at hand.

mkaplan

Post by mkaplan »

AstroDon wrote:Try 'The PhotoShop Book for Digital Photographers' by Scott Kelby. Very easy to follow for beginners through to more advanced users.

Don, Toronto
I agree with Don but I got the PhotoShop CS Book for Digital Photographers. It is his new updated version which includes all the new CS features which was just released beginning of January. I have the book and it is excellent. His writing has some humor which makes it an enjoyable read and the book is well laid out and easy to follow along. Well done Scott!