Comparison to Intellihance 4.0

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Comparison to Intellihance 4.0

Post by Don »

The software on the Plugin site can any one compare it with
Intellihance 4?

And make any recommendations! :oops:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I reviewed more than a dozen color correction plugins some time ago. Intellihance was in the lower middle field. The best and fastest corrections were achieved by ColorWasher (http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/) and iCorrect (http://www.picto.com/).

Intellihance is too expensive and a bit inconvenient to use. My impression is that it has been developed at a time when digital photos were not very common, because it doesn't work that good on color casts that are typical for digital photos. If you still use an analog camera and scan your photos, you will achieve better results with Intellihance.

The brightness and contrast features of Intellihance are quite good and very similar to ColorWasher. Intellihance's Sharpeness feature is a bit better than the usual Unsharp Mask filters.

Intellihance has a lot of different correction functions under one hood, but most of them are only middle class. If you don't need all of these features in one place, you can find cheaper and better alternative tools for them.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Scanning analog photos etc..

Post by Don »

:D

Thanks for the information. I use colorwasher all of the time (Its' interface is great and it works exceedingly well), it is the best. However I have an older version of Intellihance and just purchased a package with a newer version of Intellihance.

I will be scanning very many old analog photos in the near future (I hope) and will try out both of my software.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please let us know your impressions.