Erasing Text

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
LD

Erasing Text

Post by LD »

Anyone have any idea how to erase text from an image but not the background? I need to change the wording in my image, however, when I erase, it erases the background as well.. and.. the background took forever to do and its all different colors.

Any way to do this without erasing the text?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You should make it a habit to place text on a different layer and save that layered file. Then you won't have that problem in future.

You can erase the text e.g. with the clone tool or by overlaying it with a feathered part of the background. But both methods only work if the text isn't occluding a vital part of the background.

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

You should make it a habit to place text on a different layer and save that layered file. Then you won't have that problem in future.
I don't like saving layered-images. My preferred method is to save a separate copy of my background as a bitmap (bmp).

I save a separate copy of any additional text/images in .png format, with a transparent background...that way, I can easily cut'n'paste the text/image as a new layer onto any background I want in the future.

I think that this method gives me more creative possibilities, and that layered-images eat up a larger amount of space than I require.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."