Expert Mode Reset

FocalBlade specific discussions
fodoze

Expert Mode Reset

Post by fodoze »

I generally use Focalblade (1.02b) in Expert mode, but have noticed that sometimes when I click on the Reset button to return it to the default settings, the settings do not return to the defaults. In particular, even though the Auto Sharpen dropdown returns to the Medium Sharp setting, the actual Sharpen slider will not return to its default location. Often it goes to zero, sometimes to a very high setting (over 500).

Is this a bug? Is there a fix?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Pressing Reset will set the three Auto setting to their default values. These auto setting analyze the image area in the preview and set the Sharpen sliders accordingly. If the image that is displayed in the preview is very soft, the Sharpen sliders will receive a very high value. If the image is very sharp or noisy, the Sharpen slider will have a very low value.

So I don't think this is a bug. If it was a bug I would have noticed it. Anyway, I guess there will be some kind of Save Default button in the next version that will let you save your own default setting and apply it when hiting Reset.

fodoze

Post by fodoze »

That makes sense to me -- I didn't understand how it worked. I like the idea of a Save Default button, though, in case the preview window hits a non-typical portion of the image.

Thanks!