Focalbade wish list

FocalBlade specific discussions
alvinchuan
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Focalbade wish list

Post by alvinchuan »

Hi Harald Heim

You have created two wonderful plugins (focalblade & colorwasher). It save me a lot of time in correcting and processing images especially for me who is not good with photoshop.

I like to know would you consider adding a resizing function to the focabade plugin in your future development. Personally I think it would further enhance the workflow.

Thankyou

Alvin

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You probably mean an image resizing feature. The problem is that filter plugins can't resize images. That's a limitation of the plugin interface. Additionally I don't want to make FocalBlade too complicated by adding features that aren't for sharpening.

So it would have to be another plugin, e.g. an automation or import/export plugin, for resizing images. There are already good resizing plugins already available, e.g. Genuine Fractals or S-Spline. So I'm not planning any resizing plugin in the near future.

Fer

FocalBlade: multi-pass sharpening in the future?

Post by Fer »

Hello,
I'd really love a future FocalBlade version with support for multi-pass sharpening. :D
I've found that I can achieve better results sharpening in two or three passes, each with different settings for Edges, Surfaces, Halo reductions.
As for now, I have to store different presets for each pass, and load them manually in the proper sequence: a "batch" multipass would be really nice for me.

Another thing: FocalBlade default to Preview mode every time (both when just launched and when a preset was just loaded), regardless of the latest setting. This way, I have to cancel the preview every time (I process very large images for print purposes: up to 400-500 MB). Would it be possible to simply record the last setting?

Thanks for this beautiful tool!!

Fernando

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: FocalBlade: multi-pass sharpening in the future?

Post by HaraldHeim »

Fer wrote:Hello,
I'd really love a future FocalBlade version with support for multi-pass sharpening. :D
I've found that I can achieve better results sharpening in two or three passes, each with different settings for Edges, Surfaces, Halo reductions.
As for now, I have to store different presets for each pass, and load them manually in the proper sequence: a "batch" multipass would be really nice for me.
I guess you mean that I should make FocalBlade save its setting in an action, so that applying FocalBlade two or more times with different settings with an action is possible. That feature will certainly be added in a future version.
Another thing: FocalBlade default to Preview mode every time (both when just launched and when a preset was just loaded), regardless of the latest setting. This way, I have to cancel the preview every time (I process very large images for print purposes: up to 400-500 MB). Would it be possible to simply record the last setting?
If you want FocalBlade to apply the latest settings without displaying a dialog, you have to enter Cloak Mode by holding down the CTRL key and clicking on the Cancel button. But then you will only be able to apply one setting and not two different ones. That's basically the same problem as above.

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:I guess you mean that I should make FocalBlade save its setting in an action, so that applying FocalBlade two or more times with different settings with an action is possible. That feature will certainly be added in a future version.
Yes, an automatically created action would be fine! Thanks!
If you want FocalBlade to apply the latest settings without displaying a dialog, you have to enter Cloak Mode by holding down the CTRL key and clicking on the Cancel button. But then you will only be able to apply one setting and not two different ones. That's basically the same problem as above.[/quote]

Sorry, I did not intend "latest settings" as in "sharpening settings", but as in "dialog settings", i.e., no preview checked or unchecked, zoom ratio, etc.
Basically I'd like to open FocalBlade with preview always disabled, and to load a preset without the preview turning automatically on. :)

Fernando

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Anonymous wrote:Sorry, I did not intend "latest settings" as in "sharpening settings", but as in "dialog settings", i.e., no preview checked or unchecked, zoom ratio, etc.
Basically I'd like to open FocalBlade with preview always disabled, and to load a preset without the preview turning automatically on. :)
The state of the Auto Preview check box is saved within preset files. So if you want it to be off, please deactivate it before saving a preset.

I can make the next version of FocalBlade keep the Auto Preview as it is when opening a preset file. I guess that would make it easier...

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:The state of the Auto Preview check box is saved within preset files. So if you want it to be off, please deactivate it before saving a preset.
I didn't figured it! :oops:
I can make the next version of FocalBlade keep the Auto Preview as it is when opening a preset file. I guess that would make it easier...
Would be excellent!
By the way, is the new version soon-to-come, or will it take a while till next release? Just curious, I'm extremely happy with FocalBlade 1.02b... and keep recommending it of course.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The state of Auto Preview is saved within the preset file. So if you deactivate it before saving a preset file, it will be deactivated when you open that preset file again. That way you can generate preset files that have Auto Preview off.

I'll probably make another bug fix release available soon, because I received several new bug reports for FocalBlade in the meantime.