PSp & Plugins crash

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
meadow92

PSp & Plugins crash

Post by meadow92 »

Let me start by saying I haven't changed anything since yesterday.
Today I went to use my psp7 no problem went to use one of my plugins for it and suddenly comes up with an error (no numbers so I could search it out) and it crashes. I go over to psp8 it opens I try the same plugin and it throws an error too but no crashing.
So far I have redone the dll's and even uninstalled and reinstalled both psp 7 & 8. I don't like losing my settings but even worse I don't like not being able to use any of my plugins.

Any ideas? I did read through the directions for make it work and that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

meadow92

additionally

Post by meadow92 »

Here are 2 of the errors that came up.

The Plugin module made an invalid request ro Paint Sop Pro. The Plugin module will be terminated.

The plugin generated a general protection fault

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

What plugin caused the problem? Did you try reinstalling the plugin?

meadow92

crash

Post by meadow92 »

I have no idea why it did what it did. So far I have made no changes. Well except now I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I got them working late last night. I think but am not sure it might have been how psp8 selected the tube the overlap outside of the working layer was also selected which caused it to error out. I have never had that happen before so I am not positive.

Lduke

Plugins in PSP 7

Post by Lduke »

I found that you could only use 3 plugins at a time with PSP 7, you have to have the mscrt.dll and other photoshop dlls commands....but I found too, that the top 2 boxes out of 3 should be selected, and leave the 3rd one open. That was one of those things that prompted me to move on to 8, because you have to put all your items INSIDE of PSP 7, and in 8, its all outside, so you have less of a chance of crashing. (make sure you get the latest patches) :-?

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

posted by meadow92 :

Today I went to use my psp7 no problem went to use one of my plugins for it and suddenly comes up with an error (no numbers so I could search it out) and it crashes. I go over to psp8 it opens I try the same plugin and it throws an error too but no crashing. So far I have redone the dll's and even uninstalled and reinstalled both psp 7 & 8.
Just off of the top of my head, I wouldn't necessarily want BOTH psp7 & psp8 installed on the SAME machine.

The registry-complications ALONE would seem to be very problematic, and added to possible critical dll system-conficts....let's just say I'd check your computer every 15 minutes to see if it was *ticking* like a time bomb.
Lduke Posted :

I found that you could only use 3 plugins at a time with PSP 7
That's your problem, but it is definitely not mine...not even close.

I've never bothered keeping an exact count, but I have sometimes used well over a dozen plugins at a time in PSP7 without any problems.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."