Folders

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
llanita
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Folders

Post by llanita »

Since getting PsP 8, I have noticed that there is also a folder in My Documents called 'My PSP 8 Files' and it has the same folders as in PSP 8, which means a lot of my textures and patterns are now doubled. Is there any reason why I shouldn't delete the patterns and textures in the PSP 8 folder and keep only the ones in the 'My PSP 8' folder?

Thanks

Re: Folders

Post by Guest »

llanita wrote:Since getting PsP 8, I have noticed that there is also a folder in My Documents called 'My PSP 8 Files' and it has the same folders as in PSP 8, which means a lot of my textures and patterns are now doubled. Is there any reason why I shouldn't delete the patterns and textures in the PSP 8 folder and keep only the ones in the 'My PSP 8' folder?

Thanks
Hi there...

That My Documents folder is set up during the standard installation of PSP 8 as a sort of "remote" folder for any user-created presets, etcetera. So - if you leave things as is, if you create a texture or preset, and save it, it will automatically be stored in those folders, rather than the ones in the PSP 8 program folders. That way, if you have to uninstall and reinstall PSP 8, you'll still have your user-created resources in a separate file.

You don't have to use that folder, in fact you can use any folder you want, including the program folders. Go to File>Preferences>File Locations to add and delete as many folders as you want for each resource type - and choose which folder becomes the "Save to" folder.

HTH
Sally Beacham

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

That My Documents folder is set up during the standard installation of PSP 8 as a sort of "remote" folder for any user-created presets, etcetera.
Thank you for this information, Sally. I hope it is part of the included PSP8 documentation, though. I'd much rather have things done WITH my knowledge/approval than WITHOUT.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."