Pico Install Wreck

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
ezysk

Pico Install Wreck

Post by ezysk »

I have this "Confirm File Replace" dialogue box that pops up during the Pico install process which says:
Source: C\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\TEMP\$INFTool.Tmp\Mscomctl.ocx.
Targe: C\WINDOWS\System32\Mscomctl.ocx

The target file exists and is newer than the source.
Overwrite the newer file?

Obviously, I'm reluctant to overwrite anything that is new, out of concern that something else might not work. However, I'm wondering if this is WHY there is NO normal Pico exe icon for the program to run, even though the folders were installed in the program directory. My Photoshop plugins are getting out of hand, and I desperately need this program to install, run, and work properly.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It is always recommended to not overwrite newer files. So you did the right thing. But that has no influence on the generation of the program icon.

You should find the Plugin Commander icon on the Start > Programs > Plugin Commander menu. If there isn't one, please do the following: Go to the Plugin Commander installaion folder, right click on PiCo.exe and choose Send To > Desktop from the context menu. Then you will have a Plugin Commander icon on the dektop.

Post by Guest »

I forgot to mention this, but after the installation, the PiCo.exe file or icon.....turned into a "picoli~1.qdt" or a Quicken QDT data file instead. That is why I was unable either to run the program or send it to the desktop. Quicken wasn't running either during installation....I hardly ever use it. Any other suggestions short of uninstalling Quicken? :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Normally the picoli~1.qdt should have been turned into a working icon by the setup. It has nothing to do with Quicken.Something must have gone wrong. Please manually create a shortcut as I described it in my previous post.

Post by Guest »

Once in a blue moon, this software conflict will happen with other programs as well. All I did was to reinstall PiCo it to another folder, and the issue was resolved....tks anyways :-?