Lens Flare for IrfanView?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Lens Flare for IrfanView?

Post by jones »

Hi all. I'm looking for an easy to use, flexible filter that will do lens flares in IrfanView. I'm looking for this for a friend who also has PhotoDeluxe, but prefers Irfanview. Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

As IrfanView now supports Photoshop plugins, have a look at the freeware and commercial plugins from www.axionfx.com. The commercial plugin has more features, but the free one can already create impressive lens flares.

jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by jones »

Hi Harald, I tried that one and found it fine for my own use, even the lens flare that comes with Photoshop is great. I was hoping there would be something even more straight forward, as the person who'll be using this is not really an imaging guy. What he really wants is to be able to put a "glare star" (not sure what to call it!) at a point on several images, without the rest of the flare.

Since I've never used PhotoDeluxe, I have no idea what can be done with that program. Does it support layers? Use Photoshop filters?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

For a star effect have a look at the Star plugin from our Plugin Galaxy product at http://thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy/

PhotoDeluxe has ome kind of layers, but they are quite limited. It supports Photoshop plugins, but again in a clumsy way. I found PhotoDeluxe one of the worst graphics applications that I ever used. It may be fine for absolute beginner who just want to do a few uncomplicated things, but if you want to do some special stuff you should better forget about it.

jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by jones »

HaraldHeim wrote:For a star effect have a look at the Star plugin from our Plugin Galaxy product at http://thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy/
Thanks Harald, that's nice. I'll send him to take a look.

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/novamatic.html

You also might want to check this freeware download out.

It isn't a plugin, ....but rather a small, yet effective stand-alone program.

I found it very easy to use as a beginner, back in my "early days" of graphic design ...perhaps your friend will have some use for it, and like it...or perhaps not.

...but either way, it's 100% FREE to find out! :)

Be well.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."