PICO Lite

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
Liz

PICO Lite

Post by Liz »

I have just reinstalled PICO lite because I was getting 2 error messages when I opened the program: 1. Pico error 68 - Device unavailable.
2. Pico Error 76 - Path not found. I am still getting these 2 error messages with the new installation. Also, after I click off the two error messages, Pico opens but the 8bf file that I had clicked to open with Pico does not show up in list. What do I need to do? I did unistall the old before reinstalling.
Liz

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The following should solve the problem:

1. Go to Start > Run and enter regedit.exe

2. In the Registry Editor search for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\PiCo10
and delete the whole key.

3. Run Plugin Commander again. Now it should act like a fresh installation.

Liz

PICO problem

Post by Liz »

Harald - I did as you said above and still get the same error messages. PICO opens up after clicking off the error messages but still is not working right. For one thing, I used to be able to just right click an 8bf file and it would open with that file hightlighted (or at least in the view pane) and then I could work with it. Now when I click an 8bf file, Pico opens (then the above mentioned error messages) but does not show the file I selected.
Everything is so screwy in there that it is all hard to describe. At first all I could get to show was the folders for PICO itself. I went to preferences and added all the folder for my filters and can now get then folder list to show up. However, clicking on a folder does not open it so that I can select an 8bf file. I've never had PICO behave like this before.
Liz

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do the error messages only show up when you double click a .8bf file to run Plugin Commander Light? When you run it normally are there any error messages?

In Plugin Commander Light go to File > Preferences > General and click on the "Set Associations" button. That may fix the problem.

Liz

PICO lite

Post by Liz »

Thanks Harold for your patience. I did as you suggested and some improvement noted. However, If I rt.click on a 8bf file then "open", PICO opens with the 2 eror messages. After clicking off the error messages, PICO does not show the selected 8bf file but shows whatever was there previously.
If I rt click on an 8bf file then click "open with", it opens the "open with" window which shows "Plugin organizer, converter & creator" as preferred program. I then have to click OK then PICO opens without error messages and the selected file shows.
Clicking "open with" should show the preferred program without having to open that extra window. 8bf files are associated correctly in folder options. I'm certain there should be a simple fix for this.
Thanks again for your help.
Liz

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I tested it on my computer and didn't have any problem in Plugin Commander Light after double clicking an .8bf file.

Please run regedit.exe as described before and look at the
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PiCo\shell\open\command key. The default value should have a PiCoLight.exe %1 at the end. Before this expression there should be the path were it is installed. The %1 is later replaced with the path of the double clicked file.

Also the default value of the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.8bf key should be PiCo, otherwise the above key isn't accessed.

Somehow one of these registry entries must be corrupt on your computer.

I hope this helps.