Adobe's recent actions

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
selenawee
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Adobe's recent actions

Post by selenawee »

Hello Harald,

Now that Adobe has placed restrictions on access to their "SDK" will there be a problem in developing the Macintosh version of Plugin Galaxy 1.5 for Photoshop 7? You previously posted a May/June release date. That time has come and gone. Also, upon reading a recent article of yours (Where Have All The Plugins Gone? 8/22/02) at the Graphics.com website regarding the SDK(Software Developement Kit) and ASN (Adobe Solutions Network), am I to understand that even with paid membership in the ASN, there is no guarantee that you'll have access to the latest SDK ? Which brings me back to my original question; Will there be a Macintosh version of Plugin Galaxy 1.5 for Photoshop 7? :o

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

My initial estimation for Plugin Galaxy 1.50 was a bit too optimistic. The HyperTyle release and the holiday season delayed everything a bit. I hope that Plugin Galaxy 1.50 for Mac will be released at the end of September or begining October.

As the Mac version of Plugin Galaxy is developed by another company and not by myself, the SDK restrictions don't apply to me. I never used the Photoshop SDK myself to develop a plugin. I'm not an ASN member and haven't tried to get the SDK myself. But I will probably subscribe to the ASN in future.

selenawee
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by selenawee »

Thank you Harald

I'm happy to know that it is still to come. In this case, I guess patience would be a virtue! :D