Help with extra plugins clouding up my menu

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
dspot70@hotmail.com

Help with extra plugins clouding up my menu

Post by dspot70@hotmail.com »

Does anyone know of any easy way to remove duplicate plugins listed in the filters menu? Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Try our Plugin Commander Light software from
http://thepluginsite.com/products/picopro/index.htm

Select your plugin folder in one of the two panes in Plugin Commander and click on the Plugins tab. All plugins will now show up. Locate the dublicate plugin, select it and press the Del key.

It's that easy.

can you modify the plugin name

Post by Guest »

Using plugin commander, can you modify the name of a plugin? The reason I ask is this: I bought AutoFX Dreamsuite Series 1, and later bought Series 2. I've got them both installed, but they are both in the AutoFX folder on the plugin menu -- and even worse, they are each labeled "Dreamsuite...". There is nothing to distinguish one from the other unless I wait for the filter interface to load. And, to really make it an annoying problem, sometimes the first Dreamsuite... listed goes to series 2 and sometimes to series 1, and then the next time I open Photoshop, it's back to normal.

Please help... I just want to stop confusing one for the other and wasting all that time waiting for it to load the wrong plugin!

rglbrgl

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I guess AutoFX wanted it that way. But with commercial Pro Version of Plugin Commander you can use "Change Category" command to make the one set show up on a sub menu called e.g. "Dreamsuite Series 1" and the other on a different sub menu called "Dreamsuite Series 2".

Plugin Commander doesn't provide a feature for renaming the plugins itself, because it is hardly needed. But I guess I will add such a feature with the next version. But spliting the plugins up into two sub menus would solve your problem, too.