Selective Sharpening

FocalBlade specific discussions
petercorbett
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Selective Sharpening

Post by petercorbett »

I emailed support but as yet have not had a reply so I will try to solve my issue here!
I am trying to selective sharpen in 'expert mode' with a brush. I have followed ther routine described in the user manual to the letter bur cannot get the brush to modify the Layer Mask. I understand how Layers & Layer masks work in P.S. however in the instructions (item 5.) it instructs one to sharpen the image as normal in Focal Blade then activate the Layer mask and either brush in or out selective sharpening - am I missing something here? - please help.
Thanks Peter

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please check with what color you are brushing. If the color is white, it won't have an effect. You need to select black as the foreground color in the tool bar.

I hope that was the problem.

petercorbett
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by petercorbett »

Thanks Harald it now works perfectly.
Peter :D

freeken
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

selective sharpening

Post by freeken »

I have a problem with getting the brush tool. I do all the steps for layers, etc., in step #5 it says Apply Filter>PhotoWiz>FocalBlade to the image. When I apply the filter plugin, it says PhotoWiz>FcalBlade and I get the filter itself. As long as the filter itself is up, I can't access any of the tools. Is there a subtitle ">FocalBlade to the Image" I should be clicking on to make the brush tool work? Or am I missing something else? I like FocalBlade and one of the selling points is using the brush tool, but I haven
't been successful in doing so. Thanks
:(

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

When it says "Apply FocalBlade" it also means that you have to press OK on the FocalBlade dialog. Other Photoshop tools don't work as long as a plugin dialog is displayed.

freeken
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

selective sharpening

Post by freeken »

AHA! gottcha. I was trying to apply the brush to the filter. Works fine now. Thanks for your help and quick response. I plan a long and creative relationship with you and your product.
:D