Getting rid of drop shadows in PS7

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Getting rid of drop shadows in PS7

Post by EYE-lene! »

I cut out a lot of my jewelry & accessories from photographers for doing makeovers. How do I get rid of the drop shadow that automatically inserts itself? I tried layers/layer styles & unchecking the box next to drop shadows. But it doesn't work & when I go back it's checked again.
Thank you in advance for all replies.
P.S. Also, I can't find where to lower the opacity of a selection. I looked everywhere! :roll:
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

PhotosGuy

lower the opacity of a selection

Post by PhotosGuy »

Also, I can't find where to lower the opacity of a selection. I looked everywhere!
I hope you aren't working on the background layer? Not sure what your problem is here, but as a last resort, you could cut & copy the selected area to it's own layer.

EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Drop Shadow in PS&

Post by EYE-lene! »

That's what I am doing. Cutting it out & putting it onto a transparent new layer. But that's when I see the drop shadow. I don't want that drop shadow. Or maybe just a slight one. But it automatically puts a thick dark one in & then I have to take the time to go all the way around it with the eraser tool. Very frustrating!
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

Photofix
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Photofix »

Hi,
I have tried to reproduce your problem here but I don't seem to have any luck. When I cut & Paste or copy the layer it shows up without a drop shadow.
To lower the opacity of the selection, put it on its own layer then click on either slider in the layers pallet and lower it there.
Hope this helps ya
Photofix

EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

THANK YOU!

Post by EYE-lene! »

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me.
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!