How to sparkle

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
DaveO

How to sparkle

Post by DaveO »

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to put a sparkle on a photo, for example a dimond ring or a candle flame, or even if there is a filter about that could do the job but as I only need it now and then doing it my self would be better. :roll:

Post by Guest »

This fellow has a bunch of wonderful brushes including candle flame,,and cheap, Tell him Valerie Lindsay sent ya

Joe Crowder [tintype@comcast.net]

Re: How to sparkle

Post by Guest »

DaveO wrote:Hi
Can anyone tell me how to put a sparkle on a photo, for example a dimond ring or a candle flame, or even if there is a filter about that could do the job but as I only need it now and then doing it my self would be better. :roll:
HI there:
You could do it easily with a "tube" in PSP7or 8 You'll find lots of "tubes" using search engines.

Re: How to sparkle

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
DaveO wrote:Hi
HI there:
You could do it easily with a "tube" in PSP7or 8 You'll find lots of "tubes" using search engines.
You can see an example here
http://www.geocities.com/goodgrief742000/Painting.html

Rebecca

Sparkle

Post by Rebecca »

Find or make a starburst brush, apply it with a light grey to gold colour, and bring the transparency level down until it's realistic.

Roo
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Roo »

Plugin Galaxy has a 'star filter' that works great for this.
See here.

Or....
Just use a bush and white color and reduce the opacity of the brush so that your 'sparkle' is just barely visible. Even if it's too much use Edit>>Undo to reduce the effect by using the slider and a blend mode.

cbteeth

sparkle

Post by cbteeth »

A very easy to use program is called Photo Brush. It has a sparkle tool which is VERY EASY to apply. the program is $38 to download but I use it quite often. It has lots of simple, but frequently used, options for most novice photo manipulations.

EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EYE-lene! »

I have a variety of sparkles in both photoshop & paint shop pro formats. I will be happy to send them to you if you email me: artisticmaniac@yahoo.com
Also, eye candy has a great flame filter (among others) that looks very realistic. You can use a trial version & again, I would be happy to tell you where to go for that.[/b]
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

coaster1robert
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by coaster1robert »

I have a sparkle filter from the filter factory.. it's a great program

EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Filter Factory

Post by EYE-lene! »

I just read this post about the filter factory. I tried to download it from my Irfanview program because there was an option for it. But both times it never loaded for some reason. Where can I find it? And I assume it's freeware?
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

sparkle

Post by Guest »

I just sent the plug-in to your hotmail Account. Robert

coaster1robert
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by coaster1robert »

Enjoy!