Filter display problem in psp 8 & 9

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Ruth
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Filter display problem in psp 8 & 9

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I've been searching for an answer to this problem ever since psp 8 came out.

I have Plugins, 1, 2, 3 & 4. The shoot-out list with the filter names is the problem. At the bottom of each list there are 3-4 filters that don't show. It's like they are invisible off the screen.

The tiny scroll arrow at the bottom of the list doesn't scroll anything. I use a 1024/768 display (32bit).

Someone said they remembered something mentioned about this in the beta testing group but unfortunately didn't remember the fix

Has anyone here heard about this or know how to fix it?

~~Thanks Ruth~~

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Can you provide a screen shot of the problem? That may help.

rloger

Fluffy

Post by rloger »

If you look from the 1st to 2nd screen shot you can see filters aren't showing. There is nothing wrong with the filters. If I drag a few out from above them than I can get the missing 4 to show & work. I've reinstalled PSP...don't help and the rest of the program is working with no errors.

ImageImage[/img]

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

This is either a problem with your Windows installation or a bug in PSP. I don't know. Anyone else who experienced it?

Ruth
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Ruth »

There are 2 others in my psp group with the same problem. I've heard that they mentioned the problem on the beta testing group but the person couldn't remember the answer. They thought it had to do with some window settings.

My computer is running great with no problems whatsoever with anything (knock on wood, lol). That is my only problem and it's very aggravating :cry:

I tried changing the settings under display where you set the distance for stuff but I don't know which one would apply to those shoot-out menu's. Everything I did try in there and I think I tried them all didn't work.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I will mention your post in the Plugin Newsletter (with 90,000 readers) at the end of the month. There should be someone who knows the solution.

Ruth
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Ruth »

If you can track down the answer to this I will love for the rest of my life :D

Thanks so much!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I guess one answer would be to increase your screen resolution (if possible) so that more items are displayed. Another is to not use that many plugins in PSP.

Maybe it also helps to make the task bar disappear. Maybe that will display the missing menu items.

Ruth
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Ruth »

I can't make the resolution any higher because of my vision. I had already tried dragging most of the filters out and even with one list of filters it will still be longer with filters not showing. I didn't try the task bar yet but I will and will let you know.

I should not be having this problem and there has to be someone out there that knows if it was mentioned on the beta testing group.

I hope you still intend to ask in your newsletter. There just has to be someone out there that would remember this PSP bug.

~~Thanks Ruth~~

Post by Guest »

I also experience this in PSP8 and (. I am running WinXP with a screen resolution of 1024x768).
I discovered quite by accident that you can get to those hidden items, even if trying to scroll with the arrow doesn't work, by using the up and or down arrow keys on your keyboard. It seems to work fine and I am now able to access the entire list. Give that a try.

Ruth
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Ruth »

OMG, that works :D I can't believe that with everything I tried I didn't think of this. Thanks so very much..at least I can get to them now.

Still it is a PSP bug and it would be nice to be able to see them all as we should. I've been emailing Jasc back & forth and so far they haven't come up with an answer. I just got a response from them again today after many weeks and they said they wanted to try a test...set windows to scroll menu's and wanted to know if mine worked properly, lol, lol.

I'm going to email them back and tell them what you said and that it works. Maybe that will lead them to find the real problem.

Please still post this problem in your newsletter to see if anyone else knows anything about this.

~~A Happy Ruth~~

Fred Bopp
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PSP 9.01

Post by Fred Bopp »

Try installing the 9.01 upgrade. It solved a lot of the problems I was having in PSP 9.0.
I was unable to open .tif files unless I specified the file type and when I saved the photo the exif data was lost. Also, no other file type like .jpg or .bmp would show in the folder. Now it works correctly. They repaired a long list of problems so it is worth a try.
Regards, Fred