cameras

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
CarbonTerry

cameras

Post by CarbonTerry »

I am going to upgrade(?) to a 8MP (or so) camera. The more I read the more I can't make up my mind!!!
How about some ideas from my friends here.
I am mostly doing commercial work. 16X20" and smaller projects. The pix aren't that large but the finished piece will be. Photos are rarely larger than 11X14". I was a commercial photographer for 25 years and just got tired of it and sold my studio a while back. Now that I am working with digital I am getting the desire back to do personal work again! With a higher res camera I would like to hang pix on the wall (refridgerator;>))
again.
Thanks for any feedback

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I compared some 8 MP cameras, too, some time ago. I own the Canon Pro1, because its photos have the best quality mong 8 MP comsumer cameras. But the photos from the Canon 20D are even better (as good as no noise) if you are willing to invest a few hundred bucks more.

For 16x20 prints I would definitely recommend to use a DSRL camera, even if it is only 6 MP.

rodo

Which Camera

Post by rodo »

Perhaps you should consider a Nikon or Canon if you already have lens that will convert to DSLR??
The EOS Rebel is a top of the line camera and is used by Atrophotographers also as one of the leading choices by them, A lot of the upper echelon Astrophotographers are Mainline Photographers.
My 2pnese
Rodo

rodo

Camera Choice

Post by rodo »

Carbony,
You might go to DPReview and compare the large list of cameras and reviews.
rodo

CarbonTerry

Post by CarbonTerry »

Thanks for the help. I spent many hours comparing cameras. It wound up being a choice between the Canon 20D and the C8080. I bit the bullet and ordered a 20D!!!.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Certainly a very good choice. The best image quality you can get for that price. I'm also considering to exchange my Canon 10D for a 20D.

Post by Guest »

I received my 20D and have been having a great time learning to use it.