FocalBlade 1.03 bug report

FocalBlade specific discussions
pachiu
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

FocalBlade 1.03 bug report

Post by pachiu »

FocalBlade always opens the image in 100% zoom even when "Fitted" is selected. When I use the zoom combo box to select "Fitted" again (even though it is already selected), the zoom properly goes to fitted. The zoom however jumps back to 100% when I open the next image, even though "Fitted" is selected and shown.

I use the Auto features frequently and usually let FocalBlade use the entire picture to determine the amount of sharpening to apply. Since the Auto features are effected by the zoom level (sampling area), I have to manually switch to "Fitted" every time (so that FocalBlade will consider the entire image). This becomes a major problem when I batch process a set of images and run FocalBlade in cloak mode - the Auto features will always sample from the center area in 100% zoom, which obviously does not work for every image. This essentially eliminates the possibility of using the Auto features in cloak mode.

I'd really like to see FocalBlade remembering its last zoom level and apply it appropriately. Ideally that should be an option (ie, always open at 100% or open at the last zoom setting).

Thank you!

Andy

pachiu
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by pachiu »

Also, why does the Auto features result in different values when the zoom is set to "Fitted" and when the zoom is set to "Optimal", when the preview actually shows the entire image in Optimal? Shouldn't they both be using the same sample area (ie, the entire image) in this case?

Andy

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your comments. I will investigate the issue closely and fix the problem in the next update.

If the preview shows the same image, there should be no different result when using the Auto feature, because the Auto feature analyzes the preview image and doesn't care about the zoom setting. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem and will fix it then.