Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About

Photoshop Plugiins (lightning effect)

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint

Photoshop Plugiins (lightning effect)

Postby photojig » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:03 am

for some reason, my lightining effect as well as lens flare effect wont work on my Photoshop CS. I have the MAC version, if that has anything to do with it. Does anyone know why??? and what should I do about it??? The plug ins appear on my filters folder in the Photoshop CS folder. Anyone Know what's going on???
photojig

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:00 am

Don't these filters appear on the menu? Or can you just not apply them? Please describe more precisely what the problem is.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

lighting effect

Postby photojig » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:59 am

they do appear on the menu as well as in the filter or effect folders. I cannot seem to apply them. When I bring down the menu, lighing effect and lens flare cannot be highlited to be selected.
photojig

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:48 pm

If a filter is greyed out in the menu, it means that you need to change the image mode before you can apply it. Many filters can onl be applied to RGB images.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby photojig » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:00 am

I got my BA in graphic design, and I didn't even know that...I feel both ashamed and grateful because it worked. Thank you Very much! I guess We are always learning
photojig

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:55 pm

Never mind, noone can know everything :-). If you want to learn more about plugins, please read my Plugin Essentials article at
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutori ... uction.htm

It mentioned such details as the one you had a problem with.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

AutoFX Photographic Edges sooo slooow

Postby rlaws2 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:10 am

I am using an iMAC G5 OSX 10.2.8 with photoshop CS and 1.5 gigs of RAM. I read your review you had posted the link to on the Auto FX topic. I am trying to use the Photographic Edges version 6 and I cannot see how anyone can even use this plugin it is so slow. Is anyone else having better luck than I am? It is really barely any better as a stand alone. I have everything closed and have 50% Ram allocated to CS. I would really like to use this plugin as well as the lighting one but jeeze louise this is not worth the wait. I'm using the DEMO thank goodness.

Comments are welcome. Robin
rlaws2
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby HaraldHeim » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:09 pm

The AutoFX plugins with the DreamSuite interface are all very slow. So if you don't have the latest and fastest processor (and even then!), you need to be very patient all the time. So for me they are as good as useless.

I found that the Photographic Edges 6 plugins was one of the fastest of them, although the old Version 4 was faster and more comfortable.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Return to Photoshop-compatible Plugins