Corel's Photo-Paint & PSP 7----

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
irish44440555
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Corel's Photo-Paint & PSP 7----

Post by irish44440555 »

Here's the question. I have PSP 7 and Corel Draw Essentials installed. My question is, can you use the "Sqizz" (in Corel Draw) filter in PSP 7?" In other words, direct PSP 7 to the Corel effects? The reasoning behind this is simple. I am tired of creating one thing with one program, saving it and then opening it with the other just to apply the effect. Are they interchangeable? Textures and effects?--IRISH :o
"....I Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny...."

Post by Guest »

If the effect from Corel Draw are Photoshop-compatible plugins with the file extension .8bf, you can use them in PSP, too. But I think the effect included in Corel Draw are special DLL files that only work with Corel products.

I am not sure if you mean the Hum Software product with "Squizz", but if you do, they offer a version that works in PSP. However, you will have to pay extra for that. See http://www.humansoftware.com

irish44440555
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

RE:corel and PSP 7--

Post by irish44440555 »

Yeah, that is exactly what I meant. Thanks for the link to Human software site. I opened up PSP and directed the file location to Corel's plug-ins and only one registered within PSP. Then I looked at the file format and they are 91.eff type files unlike the 8Bf used in PSP. SO I guess I will continue to create in PSP and open again in Corel Photo-Paint and apply the effects.--IRISH :P

http://www.geocities.com/irish44440555/index.html

CherokeeCandy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by CherokeeCandy »

a late comment
you can copy it then just paste it in the other program without going thru the hassles of saving it. I work back and forth with this concept.

Using the textures from one or the other..... PSP textures/patterns need to be in .bmp format. PSP allows you to choose up to three folders and include sub folders to nab your files from.

in PSP7 to choose another folder of bitmap images to use....
(I made a folder in My Documents for bmps and save them there)
Click the image in the texture box, it opens a new box. Click Edit Paths
this opens choices where you can choose up to three folders. Click Browse button on the right of an empty one and choose the folder in which you wish to add to this collection.

This works with Patterns and Textures.

irish44440555
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

corel and PSP7--

Post by irish44440555 »

Cherokee-I got the textures figured out. I too have most of my bmp's saved on the hard drive in 'My Picture's'. Glad to know someone other than me is using these 2 programs in conjunction with one another. I also have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 that I use. I have found that the Corel Draw Essentials(using Paint 9), is great for textures. So what I basically do is create just a bg from Corel and then use PSP for all the 'drawing, painting, etc'. Then open the photoshop elements for using the plugins, ie;Dream suite, etc.--Later :P
http://www.geocities.com/irish44440555/index.html