Split View in FocalBlade

FocalBlade specific discussions
EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Split View in FocalBlade

Post by EricG »

Hi

I can oly get a split view showing two views not the five mentioned in the manual. Is there some way of selecting wither the two or five views?

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please switch to Expert Mode to have all Split Views available.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Hi

I am using Expert Mode. If I uncheck multiple, I get a single preview, half the view showing the sharpening and half the original.

If I check multiple I get a split screen with the image duplicated, once again half showing the sharpening and the other half showing the original.

I can find no way to get the multiple views with the +/- 50% sharpening effect mentioned in the manual.

Edit
Since writing this I notice that I can get the five options if I set the view to one of the SHARPEN settings but not with the Left View, Right View, Top View or Bottom View. Is that how it works and if so what is the purpose of having settings for Sharpen, Edge and Surface as all these settings appear to show the same sharpenening effect.
Last edited by EricG on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The first four options (Right View to Top View) of the Split View combo box split up the preview into two areas. The six last options (Sharpen Vert. to Surface Horiz.) split up the preview into five areas. I'm not quite sure how you managed to overlook them.

I just noticed that all 10 option are availabe in all modes. I guess I need to fix that, because the last six options don't work in all modes.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

I didn't miss it Harry, I just hadn't tried it as I assumed it only applied the sharpening effect to each individual aspect and I have so far wanted to assess the global effect of the sharpening applied.

Had I clicked on it I would have seen the five option views but would then have been confused in that all three sharpen views appear to be the same - obviously there should a difference between each of the three but it is not yet apparent to me. Is the difference explained in the manual as if it is I didn't pick up on that.

I haven't long purchased the plug-in and have only read through the manual a couple of times, but I must say that I don't find the manual particularly user friendly.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Well, the differences between the Sharpen, Edges and Surface Split View modes can be quite subtle. The edges mode only displays edge sharpening, the surface mode only displays surface sharpening and the Sharpen mode displays both types of sharpening. I guess "Sharpen Vert." is the most useful one of all six.

What exactly don't you like about the manual?

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

I found the manual difficult to follow in that most of the functions seem to appear several times in their various stages of use.

I am more used to manuals that open with a description of the window and controls, followed by an in depth explanation of each function. When referring to a function it is easier to have it in one section rather than having to look at it in several parts.

To be fair, as I said earlier, I am a new user so the layout of the manual might become more logical and understandable as I use it more.
EricG