auto picture resize

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
kwickcut
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

auto picture resize

Post by kwickcut »

Hello all i am very new to this game and i am haveing a problem with my site. i have just opened a site wear you can upload listings and pictures. the problem is that is the picture is over the max amount i have set, it allows ya to upload the pic but you do not see it. once it is done all ya see is a box with a red x in it. is there a plug in that the users can download so that when they mke a post there picture will auto resize to the max amount allowed by the site if it is over the max amount. this is a php site i really need help i ahve been trying to find a fix for this for 3 weeks now and i am ready to do i dont know what lol if you need please take a look for yourself and please please tell me what i need to do to fix this thanks in advance mysite

kwick

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Better get a image editing tool (a free one is available at www.irfanview.com), open the image, resize it and save it again. That's how it is usually done.

kwickcut
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kwickcut »

thanks for the reply :D but what i was looking for was an auto resizer.. so that when a person uploads the picture the size will be detected and if needed the picture will be resized to the size that is set on the server. thanks

kwick

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

To do that you need to run a program on the server that resizes the image. A free package that can do that on Linux servers is netpbm. If your server runs under Windows, you need another software.

kwickcut
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kwickcut »

thanks i am running linux i will install that program and give it a go thanks so much!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

kwick

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think you need to write a php script or other script to control netpbm.