Settings for Wacom tablet

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
chaitereye
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Settings for Wacom tablet

Post by chaitereye »

I was just given a wacom tablet but no manual or instructions. It's too slow & I have no idea how to access the settings. I went to the web site & downloaded the manual but when I click on it the Photoshop program opens. However, there is nothing in it. Can anyone please help?
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need to install the drivers. There is also a control panel installed which lets you switch to pen mode, which is usually done automatically when installing the drivers. I guess you are currently in mouse mode, which makes the pen work like a mouse and doesn't let you move it as quickly as in pen mode.

EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Wacom Tablet

Post by EYE-lene! »

Actually, it wasn't working at all when I first connected it. So, I did download the driver from the web site. Now it works but like I said, it's too slow. Are you saying I need to install more drivers? Also, where would that control panel be?
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Tablet Properties. There you can switch to Pen Mode.

chaitereye
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Wacom

Post by chaitereye »

Harry,
I appreciate your help but I went to the control panel & there is nothing in there that says tablet properties. I even went to the mouse properties but there's nothing in there for tablets either. ????
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like you didn't install the right drivers...