How do I get PSP 8 to work with plugins like Simple @ 8bf

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
jbeams
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

How do I get PSP 8 to work with plugins like Simple @ 8bf

Post by jbeams »

:-? I have PSP 8, and I get and error with some plugins like simple filter. Error says The Plug in maybe not installed properly or may be missing files.
What is 8bf filesand Filter Factory?
And where would I find the convert dialog in PSP 8.
I like some of the plugin filters that I have found but I can't seem to get PSP 8 to work them. I have the free Flaming Pear with no trouble.
Please help me to understand before I go crazy.
jbeams

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

jbeams
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Already been to that web sight

Post by jbeams »

:) I have been there and made a copy of it. But where do I find the Convert dialog from PSP 8 ?
I am new a this so please be kind :D . I really don't understand the instructions there. But I do have the msvcrt10.dll . So where do I go from here?
jbeams

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

This is a Plugin Commander tutorial. You can find Plugin Commander Light at http://thepluginsite.com/products/picopro/

jbeams
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Psp 8 only supports photoshop 5 version plugins?

Post by jbeams »

I went to Corel Support and found that psp8 only supports photoshop 5 version plugins and below. They said that Psp 8 at this time does support any other at this time.
I thought you didn't support the commander?
jbeams

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

What you wrote refers to native Photoshop plugins and not to plugins created by other companies. The FilterFactory plugins you tried to use work in PSP. Some of them only need Msvcrt10.dll, others also need plugin.dll. But the ones that need plugin.dll can be converted if you don't have plugin.dll.

Some website offer plugin.dll for download, but doing that isn't really legal, because it is a part of Photoshop or other Adobe applications.

jbeams
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

plugin.dll and msvcrt10.dll

Post by jbeams »

I have both in my computer. now how do I get them to work with the Factory Filters like simple. Now I don't understand how the instructions you sent meMaking ff plugins work in psp. Can you explain it a little better please.
jbeams

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You have to copy both .dll files into your Windows System folder. Then the FilterFactory plugins will find them.

snowwolffe

Plugins and Dll files, etc.

Post by snowwolffe »

I'm still using PSP 7.4. I'm getting the same error messages. I went to the designated site given, but no instructions on where this should be dowloaded. I need step by step instructions. PSP just started crashing on me and I have no idea what I should have in my PSP folder, what do I need there?

Thanx,

Linda

pspluver06
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by pspluver06 »

I like to know why my plugins aren't working now. They did b4. I know I post this three times already. :lol:
Thanks,
Teri