photoshop 3 plugins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
avramq
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

photoshop 3 plugins

Post by avramq »

Hi,

I am looking for standard plugins and some sharpening ones (focus, sharpen, unsharpmask and such) that are dated for the photoshop 3 era.

The reason is that I am using an bit old application and it seems not to support newer plugins (e.g. ps 7).

Thanks.

PS maybe this request was already made but I failed to find it by searching

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

All plugins from The Plugin Site should work in Photoshop 3. Check out FocalBlade for sharpening at http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/

It would be nice to hear if it works.

avramq
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

photoshop 3 plugins

Post by avramq »

Thanks.

It worked on PS 7. In PicMaster 3.9.3 it sometimes worked sometimes crashed with Memory violation.

On video program (AVIEdit, which is my main concern) it always crashed even loading a file with only 1 frame.

I should have mentioned before that my intention is to use filters on a complete avi file (for anaylizing cardiac catheterization films). I found AVIedit to be very handy, but it seems to support only old 8BF filters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FocalBlade is especially optimized to work with huge image files, so I'm not surprised to see it not work in AVIEdit, which are not very compatible plugin hosts. PicMaster is on the FocalBlade compatibility list, but maybe only Version 1.0 of FocalBlade worked and not 1.01 and later. I will have to check it.

You could try the sharpening plugins at www.photo-plugins, but they may also not work. However, FilterFactory plugins should work fine. Have a look at http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freeff.htm. You should be able to find a sharpening plugin there, but don't expect any high quality sharpening.

avramq
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by avramq »

The photo-plugins does not load.

Do you know of any particular FF filters that do various sharpenings and re-focus?

I tried many of the free stuff there but did not find any.

Also, if I give up and try to implement various kernels myself (wish I will not reach that desparete stage..), do you know of any FF (or similar) command that can do 'cnv' larger than 5x5?

Thanks alot of your help.

PS various filters that I tried to check resulted in error like 'not ff' or 'missing PARM'. Any rescue from that to load them into FF (or similar)?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Try the Custom filter from http://www.reindeergraphics.com/free.shtml. It lets you do convolutions up to 7x7.

avramq
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by avramq »

I have started to try Adobe Premire pro (7) for the video image operations.

Yet, Adobe PS (7) 'unsharpmask' does not work either.

Any idea?

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Premiere Pro only runs Premiere Pro plugins and After Effects plugins. Premiere 5 and 6 were able to run Photoshop plugins and old Premiere plugins. There was a Filter Factory for Premiere 5 (which also worked in 6), which allowed to program a sharpening effect yourself, but it doesn't work in Premiere Pro anymore.

So you need to look out for After Effect plugins or Premiere Pro plugins that apply a sharpening effect.

avramq
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by avramq »

Is there a way to 'call' an external function to perfrom calculations in FF or similar? Or in Premier itself?

My intention is to use the framwork premiere (or other like AVIEdit) and do various calculations in c/c++, vb or any language.

Is this too wild?

Thanks again for your help.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I'm not sure if I understand you. You can use the Premiere version of Filter Factory (which was delivered with Premiere 5) in Premiere 5, 6 and 6.5.

You can also program your own plugins in C with old Premiere SDK or the After Effects SDK from Adobe.

avramq
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by avramq »

I did not find those FF for premiere (maybe did not look too deep into the internet).

Latest SDK from Adobe seems to take a huge learning curve, isn't it? And as I looked it over, it is not compatible with Borland C++ builder (5) which I have here.

By the way, will Filter Meister can be used to make Premiere filters? As I read about it, it is quite flexible and rich in capabilities, even supports arrays (to store large kernels and intermmediate results).

Any advise?

Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Premiere FF was delivered with Adobe Premiere 5. You can try to find a demo version of it on an old magazine CD or you try to get a full version of Premiere 5 on Ebay.

FilterMeister only produces Photoshop filter plugins. As far as I remember they don't run in Premiere 5 and 6, although other Photoshop plugins work in Premiere 5 and 6.

toby
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

answers

Post by toby »

You should be able to build Adobe plugins with Borland and an appropriate makefile (I have done this in the past).

Re: custom convolutions, The plugin SDK is not really complex; you should not abandon the option of coding your own custom filter for Photoshop or Premiere. The latter SDK seems freely available from the Adobe site; the Photoshop SDK is available on PS6 or older CDs.

Sample PS plugin code, all cross-platform and GPL, including simple filters and a complete improved Filter Factory replacement (which includes convolution and can be extended at will) is available from my site, http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw.