How to fix/reset flaming pear plugins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
dbpvr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

How to fix/reset flaming pear plugins

Post by dbpvr »

flaming pear Mr contrast example

to reset Mr contrast delete this out of your registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMMENU.WMenuCtrl.2\CLSID29] < delete this key and all sub keys
if this key does not exist you'll need to use the method described below

after removing this you will need to re register it again with your reg#
(if you still get problems then contact flaming pear to get a new license key)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

use a program that monitors your registry to find the right key for the plug in that is affected. I used a free program called regmon available at www.sysinternals.com.

Exempt monitoring any process other than photo shop then run photo shop open an image for editing then clear the screen of regmon then open the plug in.go back to regmon you will see what keys it opened.double click the key and it will open it in reg edit (it will be similar to that of Mr contrast btw)
highlight the main [CLSIDxx] key right click export save to disk as a name you will remember. after you saved it you can delete that key because by double clicking the file you just saved will restore it again thats why its important to save it before making the change

If all goes well you'll be able to re register your product with your license key again

Natalie_ca
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: How to fix/reset flaming pear plugins

Post by Natalie_ca »

dbpvr wrote:flaming pear Mr contrast example

to reset Mr contrast delete this out of your registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMMENU.WMenuCtrl.2\CLSID29] < delete this key and all sub keys
if this key does not exist you'll need to use the method described below

after removing this you will need to re register it again with your reg#
(if you still get problems then contact flaming pear to get a new license key)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

use a program that monitors your registry to find the right key for the plug in that is affected. I used a free program called regmon available at www.sysinternals.com.

Exempt monitoring any process other than photo shop then run photo shop open an image for editing then clear the screen of regmon then open the plug in.go back to regmon you will see what keys it opened.double click the key and it will open it in reg edit (it will be similar to that of Mr contrast btw)
highlight the main [CLSIDxx] key right click export save to disk as a name you will remember. after you saved it you can delete that key because by double clicking the file you just saved will restore it again thats why its important to save it before making the change

If all goes well you'll be able to re register your product with your license key again
Ok, it seems I have to do this manually, because deleting that folder indicated didn't do anything for my problem. I have several Flaming Pear plugins that aren't working so I need to delete many registry keys I think.

I downloaded that Regmon program. But how do I "Exempt monitoring any process other than photo shop" or basically limit what is shown to just Paint Shop Pro? There are what appears to be 10's of thousands of registration keys showing in the window of that program.

I just noticed that there is a different program to use for XP, but again, I don't understand how to get it only to monitor Paint Shop Pro.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96645.aspx

Natalie_ca
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Natalie_ca »

Ok. I found a solution.

It seems that Flaming Pear not only saves a registry key for the registration number in the registry, but also a cache of general settings.

The general settings are located in the following registry path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>software>Jasc>Paint Shop Pro >JascCmdPluginHost>Flaming Pear

The paint shop pro entry should have the # version behind it..and the flaming pear entries will have each plugin name behind it.

I went to the Paint Shop Pro v8 one and first right clicked each key folder and picked "Export" the file and saved it with it's name, and then deleted the key.

Always "Export" a registry key to a folder on your desktop just in case you make a boo-boo and need to put the key back!!

Anyway, after I did that, for good measure I went and uninstalled and reinstalled the offending Flaming Pear plugins.

When I tried to use the plugins, I didn't get asked to re-enter the registration code. But the plugins now work!

So it seems that there must have been a cache of some kind in those folders inside the registry that needed to be deleted.

Natalie_ca
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Natalie_ca »

So far as "Regmon" program is concerned. For those who don't know like I did, here is how you set it to display only certain processes.

When regmon is running , there is a filter option on the taskbar . It looks sortof like a \/ shape with a blue bit on the top . If you put your mouse over you should get a text label displayed Filter . Click that and type the process name on the first line of the box, you can put a * at the end to catch all similar names , so try photosh* and see what you get , It will filter all current entries . Another of those taskbar icons will stop the display scrolling to make it easier to see what you have .

I would back up your registry before doing anything to it .