Feature I'd like to see in FocalBlade and LightMachine...

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Brian Stirling
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Feature I'd like to see in FocalBlade and LightMachine...

Post by Brian Stirling »

I don't play with the setting very much because after I worked to get something I like I'd rather not have to play arround to get it back if I make some changes. So, what would be nice is a set of, say, five (5) settings buttons at the top of the screen that you can setup with differnet setting and that you can rename. I might want a relatively low sharpenning effect for a portrait but a lot more for a landscape shot so being able to name one button "Portrait" and another "Landscape-HighDetail" and yet another "Landscape_LowDetail" would be nice. A similar set of adjustable and renamable preset buttons for LightMachine would also be nice. If you do this it would be good to be able to use two line for the button name.

Thanks,

Brian

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your suggestion. It is basically an advanced version of the Preset feature that is already available.

I was thinking about something similar recently. My idea is to add a line of tab buttons below or above the preview that would let you switch between different settings and also compare them. It would be easy to add a feature for adding new buttons, removing a button and renaming them. This is certainly something to add to all PhotoWiz plugins as a standard feature. I hope that would fit your needs.

Until such a feature is available you could do the following: Save your prefered settings as preset files and apply the appropriate preset from the preset menu. The preset menu appears if you right click on the Open Preset button in FocalBlade or the top arrow button in LightMachine. You can also move the other presets out of the Preset folder. That way you will only see your presets on the preset menu.

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:Thanks for your suggestion. It is basically an advanced version of the Preset feature that is already available.

I was thinking about something similar recently. My idea is to add a line of tab buttons below or above the preview that would let you switch between different settings and also compare them. It would be easy to add a feature for adding new buttons, removing a button and renaming them. This is certainly something to add to all PhotoWiz plugins as a standard feature. I hope that would fit your needs.

Until such a feature is available you could do the following: Save your prefered settings as preset files and apply the appropriate preset from the preset menu. The preset menu appears if you right click on the Open Preset button in FocalBlade or the top arrow button in LightMachine. You can also move the other presets out of the Preset folder. That way you will only see your presets on the preset menu.
First, thanks for producing a set of very useful tools and responding here...

Having the buttons on top or bottom makes no big difference to me but being able to, as you say, toggle through the different buttons/presets would be a nice feature. Also, I guess I'm a bit lazy and don't often go through the task of going into the menus to save and load presets.

Again, thank for your effort...

Brian