sharpening zoom

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

Question, on the zoom plug, why isnt it as sharp as the picture, I have all the correct places checked, it always seems not as clear as the picture, fuzzy you might say. Is there anything that can be done

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You mean that the image is blurred after it is enlarged? Well, software can only guess the missing pixels when enlarging. As computers are generally not that intelligent, they don't always do a very good job at it :-).

I had the best results with Genuine Fractals from www.ononesoftware.com

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Sharpening Zoom

Post by greys4u »

I will check the software out, by the way, the zoom is a very handy tool just like your other filters in the Galaxy.

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

GF looks good and I meant to ask, is this used just like any other program, how does it intergrate with the software, I use PSP but have Elements. Do I fix the image like I normally do, use zoom, then fractals to sharpen it

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Oh, you meant the Zoom plugin from Plugin Galaxy. The Zoom plugin uses bilinear interpolation, which is not that good as bicubic, which is the standard in most graphics application.

Unfortunately the latest version of GF doesn't work in PSP anymore, so you will have to use Elements.

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

Okay, Elements it will be, but, can you select a certain area to be enlarged or will it enlarge the whole image. Say I have a signature on the back of a pin that I want everyone to see, I zoom in and it appears on my pic, will GF only allow one area to be enlarged. I have read about GF but I dont see that topic listed, only enlarging the whole thing and not a section

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can only enlarge the whole image with GF. But you can cut out the area you want to have enlarged in Elements and copy it into the original image.

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

I dont get it, you cut out in Elements what you want, then paste it back into the image??

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I meant copying an area from the enlarged version of the image and pasting it into the original smaller version of the image.

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

Sounds like you dont use the zoom tool but enlarge it in GF, get the area you need and then paste it in, makes sense, off to play :))

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sure, you can apply the Zoom plugin, select the zoomed area, make it transparent and copy the GF result on a layer below it. Then you can move the lower layer until you have the right image area displayed.

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

Wish I knew what you were talking about, but I dont, oh well, Thanks for the help

greys4u
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

sharpening zoom

Post by greys4u »

Me again, I have used up almost all of my trial with GF and still cannot figure out how to do what you suggested, all I seem to get is a very large image, can you explain, step by step what you do, if not I will understand