question about a plugin

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
tabbylewis
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

question about a plugin

Post by tabbylewis »

Hello,

Is there a plugin out there that turns your photo into comic book style? One that looks exactly like a comic book character.

Thanks,
Tabby

LyndaLBD
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

comic book plug in

Post by LyndaLBD »

As soon as you find out, let me know too....I am very interested in this idea.

Thanks,
Lynda
~Lynda LBD~
Stretch your imagination
and exercise your art!

aspect_ratio_16x9
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Comic style

Post by aspect_ratio_16x9 »

I dont know about plug-ins, but there are quite a few actions on Adobe Studio Exchange that have some great comic effects, utilizing "poster edges" and "cutout" effects.

PegasusD
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

There are many ways to change a photo to a comic page

Post by PegasusD »

Here's a really quick one for you, not the best, but the quickest. There are many ways to do it.

If you want it in B/W change your image to grayscale first, then duplicate the layer. On the bottom layer do a gaussians blur of about 6 to 10 then change the top layer to darken and lower the opacity a bit. You can also change it to Multiply for a more glossy/porcelain type look. Screen for a mystical type lighting look. For a colored comic look do the same as above just don't change the image to grayscale first. You can adjust the gaussians blur as well on the bottom layer for more or less comic look. You could also enhance the edges a little to make the lines deeper. It just depends on the look your going for.

Here's a great tut for a more professional way. It's written for mac users but you can use the steps on any type of comp. You can also use this tut for just about any graphic software with a few adjustments. Ive used it in PSP 9 before. I switch between PSP 9/10 and PS 7 depending on what I'm going for and the filters I want to use.

http://www.macmerc.com/articles/Graphics_Tips/209

Hope this help a little :wink:

lyndaschat
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Adobe Studio Exchange

Post by lyndaschat »

Thank you for the tips!
What exactly is Studio Exchange? I have Photoshop CS, what would the diffrence be? I've never heard of Studio Exchange. Sounds like it's for movie making..

aspect_ratio_16x9
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by aspect_ratio_16x9 »

http://share.studio.adobe.com/

creat a free account and you can download hundreds of free add-ons for Photoshop. Its an Adobe sponsored site, with user-contributed files.

http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDe ... pgsel1%3D4

go to files for Photoshop > Actions > Image Effects.

lyndaschat
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

thank you

Post by lyndaschat »

Thanks again!