Problem with iCorrect plugins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Edin Karcic
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Problem with iCorrect plugins

Post by Edin Karcic »

My favorite plugin hosts are:
Xn View, Photo Filtre Pro

I also have (& don't like as much):
Paint Shop Pro 7

Among my favorite plugins are:
iCorrect EditLab Pro 5.0
iCorrect Portrait 1.0.1
iCorrect Professional 4.0

Problem is, these don's seem to work OK with my favorite hosts:

iCorrect EditLab Pro 5.0 & iCorrect Portrait 1.0.1
won't work with my Xn View & Photo Filtre

iCorrect Professional 4.0
won't work with Xn View

Is there a way to bypass this problem ?
For example, is it a matter of missing dll's ?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I supect that XnView and PhotoFiltre are not compatible enough with the Photoshop Plugin Standard to run the mentioned plugins. On the other hand the iCorrect plugins were probably never meant to be used in the mentioned applications, so have not been tested and made compatible with them.

So you could write to the developers of XnView and PhotoFiltre and ask them to make their application work with iCorrect. But you can also write to the company that develops iCorrect and ask them to optimize their plugins for XnView and PhotoFiltre.

I think you will have more luck when contacting the XnView and PhotoFiltre guys...

If you have no luck and need an alternative to iCorrect that works with XnView and PhotoFiltre, please have a look at ColorWasher at http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/

Edin Karcic
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Edin Karcic »

I absolutely love Color Washer,
and use all of Your (Harald Heim's) plugins.

But I love the simplicity of iCorrect EditLab:
one click in what is supposed to be "neutral color",
and all is fixed beautifully.

Color Washer is so powerful, that it's a bit too much.
You need a 63 page long PDF manual to explain how to use it.

Similar goes for LightMachine.

I think, Your plugins are so rich, that You could easily brake up 1 plugin
in 12 separate small plugins (doing just one or two simple things),
and sell them separately, say 10 dollars each.

These small plugins would be more popular, I think, and I'm sure Your sales would go up.

What do I care about You sales ?
I do, since You are a plugin genius, and richly deserve Your rewards.

I am just giving You a tip or two on the marketing strategy
to us "simple folks".

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your comments, Edin. You are right that I try design my plugins to fix quite difficult problems in images. That usually involves that they have more features and are a bit more complex. So they were created mostly with pros in mind. But I also added simpler modes, which help less experienced users to get started and slowly work themselves towards the more complex and powerful modes.

Sure, I could split up my plugins into different plugins, but I think it saves time and offers more possibilities to have different features accessible from one dialog. There are several plugin companies that have various aspects of the same correction task split up into different plugins, but I'm not a fan of this approach. It sometimes also means that people have to pay more money for the same functionality.

I'm not sure that spliting one plugin for $50 into two plugins for $25 or $30 would increase revenue. I think it could have the contrary effect, because my plugins would be more exchangeable with those of other companies, which could mean less sales. There are a lot of small plugin developers who charge too little for their plugins and as a result can't fully live from their work.

One of my main goals for the next major releases of my plugins is to make them more suitable for beginners and people who only need the basic features most of the time. But at the same time I will keep the plugins useful for pros who want to use their full power.