I want to create designs for silkscreen printing

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
rhondalea
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

I want to create designs for silkscreen printing

Post by rhondalea »

I work on my mac and have CS2. I need to learn how to take a photo and turn it into a design for silk screen prints. I have visited www.arizonasportshirts.com and need to learn to do that type of work. I have searched the web for tutorials, have checked with friends and teachers, and have gotten nowhere. Is there anyone who can give me detailed instructions or perhaps a site with tutorials to go to? I need DETAILED instructions because I am fairly new to PS, however, I do understand quite a bit of the terms (except channels). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!!! :D

rhondalea
Loving Photoshop and wanting to learn more! I want to learn to work more with my own photos and to design silkscreen prints. So much to learn and so little time!!!

rhondalea
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

creating a screen print design

Post by rhondalea »

Nancy, Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate your help. Let me try to explain a little better what it is that I need help with. I have an opportunity to create designs for a screen printer. However, I do not know how to do it. I know that he will RIP them for me so I do not have to worry about that. I am waiting for a response from him right now to see how the sample turned out that I did in Illustrator. My confusion is HOW do I get started and WHAT do I need to know to make the design correctly? How: Do I have to draw each portion of a picture as a closed path so that I can then fill it with a color? Can I use gradients? How do I draw in "shapes" and get a realistic look? What: Do I need to create in Illustrator or Photoshop? He mentioned starting in IL and continuing in PS, however, he is not a designer and doesn't know much more than that. He also mentioned making channels in PS but I have not worked that much in the area of channels so I am just lost. I am a non-traditional commercial art grad (49 yrs old and graduated this month!) and have not had that much education in PS. And my teacher has no knowledge how to go about creating designs for screen printing. I am just lost, Nancy! I need to make some money and have so many possibilities but am becoming so overwhelmed and beginning to feel hopeless. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. If you want to contact me via my email, you can do that, also. You can reach me at cook.rhonda@gmail.com Thanks so much!!! Rhonda
Loving Photoshop and wanting to learn more! I want to learn to work more with my own photos and to design silkscreen prints. So much to learn and so little time!!!