Can someone please help

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
aroha_cherub
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Can someone please help

Post by aroha_cherub »

First off thanks for letting me join. this is a great please and having fun looking around.

My problem is I am trying to use VM Extravaganza Plastic Surgery but everytime I do I get the message
Paint shop pro has caused an error in <unknown> Paint Shop Pro will now close .... It then goes Paint shop pro has caused an error in MFC42.DLL.

The rest of the VM Extravaganza works. I do have the DLL installed and have tried to delete and reinstall the filter but still it does it.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks
Cherub :D

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

This is a problem that occurs with Version 8, 9 and X of PSP. The only thing you can do about it is to download and install the FilterMeister plugin (www.filtermeister.com) into PSP.

You need to run FilterMeister in PSP, click the Open button, choose the .8bf file of Plastic Surgery and press the Compile button. After that you can adjust the effect and press OK to apply it.

If you order the full version of FilterMeister, you can create a new Plastic Surgery plugin.

Another alternative is to open the Plastic Surgery plugin inside the FiltersUnlimited plugin (www.icnet.de). But you need to buy FiltersUnlimited if you want to apply the effect.

aroha_cherub
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by aroha_cherub »

Thanks for that. YeahI have a full FiltersUnlimited so will do that.

Thanks for your help thats great. :D :D

Ka kite
cherub