IMPORTING FONTS

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

IMPORTING FONTS

Post by Allen-H »

Does anyone know how to import Fonts from the font folder on the hdd into CS2 please

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

In my experience (Mac OS-X), upon launch CS2 loads any fonts already located in the System font folder as well as each user's folder automatically.

If you add any fonts to these locations during your work session, you must quit and relaunch the particular CS2 app to load them. Sometimes a system restart is necessary.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

All fonts in the Fonts sub folder of your Windows folder should show up in Photoshop.

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by Lesam »

If you load a Font into the Font Folder while PS is open, the font won't be available in PS until the next time PS is opened.
The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks for the replies and help. With Photoshop I have 61 fonts and in Windows Font folder I have 234. I only realised this fact when I was looking for a particular font in Photoshop that I was unable to find, BUT having said that I could not find it in the Windows Font folder either, strange that as it used to be there

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Often Bold and Italic versions of the same font are spread across multiple files, but Photoshop only shows the main font name. That should explain the discrepancy.

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks Harald, Things are a lot clearer now since your explanation. The font I wa looking for is nowhere on my computer so I will download a new one