I need Some Help

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Stoneface
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

I need Some Help

Post by Stoneface »

Well first off, hi ;). My name is Stoneface and i am a designer for a graphics site. I have a problem with my photoshop cs2. On the start up i keep getting a series of about 7 or so PLUGIN.dll errors, i was wondering if you guys knew where i could get updated plugins or a solution to this problem or i run the risk of being kicked from my designer position. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

-Stone

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It would help if you could exactly quote the error message(s).

Stoneface
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Stoneface »

Ah, i would imagine that would help lol.

The procedure entry point NewHandle could not be located in the dynamic link library PLUGIN.dll.

The procedure entry point InitializePIExpressDialogs could not be located in the dynamic link library PLUGIN.dll.

The procedure entry point PIDWinExpressDialog could not be located in the dynamic link library PLUGIN.dll.

The procedure entry point Set SliderPros could not be located in the dynamic link library PLUGIN.dll.

The procedure entry point HLock could not be located in the dynamic link library PLUGIN.dll.

Also a few others relating to Dialogs.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Did you recently download a file called plugin.dll from the internet an placed it in the Windows System folder or your Photoshop folder?

Sounds like Photoshop is trying to use this old version of plugin.dll instead of the newer plugin.dll version that is automatically installed with Photoshop.

You could do a search for plugin.dll on your computer. If you find one in the Windows System folder, please move it to any other folder outside the Windows folder. That could do the trick.

If you find plugin.dll only in your Photoshop folder, I think it is time to reinstall Photoshop.