My complaint to ulead

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools

My complaint to ulead

Post by guest »

:x I think it's very unfair that ulead makes us buy an ugraded version to the one we bought, I erased photoimpact #6 so i can install the update to 8 heck for $10 more i could have bought the full version 8 on another website now it's holding up my clients because i cant seem to find any version for download or reinstall 6 and good luck with a getting a response from ulead this isn't fair to there customers!! $52.00 I spent for dang upgrade and for what it won't open until I get #6 again GRRRRRRRRRRRR! But when I bought #6 it was almost 89-99 bucks.... Where is the fairness in that!

I swear this is a waste money! I like the program but I hate the support! and Hate there versions on how to make more money from you on the upgrades. Be nice if they gave ya support but now my clients are in the wind until i can get a version of #6 to reput my serial # in ARGH!

:x :x

yukonjak

Ulead Upgrades

Post by yukonjak »

You said you had originally bought PI 6 for $89? I believe that's full price, so I would think you would have the disk? If so, all you have to do is put the CD in your CD drive and the upgrade will take what it needs from that. If you downloaded it and registered it your serial number should be available to you on the Ulead website. You can send that number in with your e-mail to support and they should be able to help you out. I know what you mean about the support--try to get ahold of Colwin at Ulead.

This same thing happened to me when I reformatted, but when I checked the programs that qualified for the upgrade, I found that Photo Express also qualified. My version of Ulead's DVD Picture Show came with a free version of this and although I never use it, I installed it till I got the upgrade installed then just deleted it afterward. (I'm not the patient type who wants to wait for a response from the software manufacturer!) It's always wise when you download a program to either make a backup or purchase the backup CD.

I'm confused about your comment on Ulead making you get upgrades. Most software comes out with a new version regularly. Nobody forces you to upgrade, however I found the version 8 offers a lot of photo enhancements that I really wanted. Did you know you can purchase an upgrade CD for less than the full boxed version? I, personally will probably never get a naked download upgrade again--I'd rather just buy the full version and be done with it, but they do offer a great discount to upgraders- even if you get the CD version. Like I said, I just don't care for the download process. Too many things can go wrong with a computer for that!

Photoimpact upgrade

Post by Guest »

Huh? I upgraded from 7 to PhotoImpact 8. The download I received was the full version. One of my computers has never had a previous version and it installed fine. I don't recall version 6 or 7 checking or requiring a previous version either. I've gotten the download upgrades from Ulead quite a few times and newer had a problem. I just installed my DVD picture show 2.0 upgrade. No problems. Although, it was on the computer with version 1.0. Don't know if it checked or not. I always burn a CD copy after making a download purchase, besides keeping it in a folder on a drive. Even if you buy the CD, it's a good idea to make a backup. You never know what a child or pet will do... and yeah, I've misplaced them before too.

Sondra

Downloaded software

Post by Sondra »

I haven't upgraded to 8, but it looks a lot better than 7, which I didn't buy--and 6, which I bought in the box.

I downloaded Paint Shop Pro from Egghead and never made a copy. When I changed computers I couldn't find my downloaded file. Egghead had gone under by then, but the deal was actually handled by Digital River, which still exists. I typed in my invoice number and had no problem downloading the software again, two years after buying it. I thought that was a lot better than buying the CD and wondering what would happen if I lost it.